Band master setup

  • wapiti_sur_slayer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2008
      Greetings All: I went ahead and purchased the Hamcap deluxe suete,
      (however you spell that word). Now I need to find out how to set them
      all up, and get them working together. My Bandmaster says that my
      radio isn't configured. How do I do that? Is there a tutorial for the
      whole setup?
      I am making progress,(I think), so please bear with me for awhile.
      Thanks to all that have offered words of encouragement, and those who
      have sent their telekinetic thoughts to adjust my radio, and cure my
      senior moments. It has all been appreciated.

      Spencer W7SUR
    • Dan Schaaf
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2008
        Did you download HAMPORT and OMNIRIG ? It is necessary for Bandmaster to control the rig The setup is in OMNIRIG and HAMPORT.
        These softwares interface between the Bandmaster and your radio.

        Best Regards
        Dan Schaaf

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2008
          Hi Spenser,

          To control the radio from Band Master, you need a serial cable that connects
          your radio with a COM port on the computer. If you have an ICOM radio, you
          also need an adapter (CI-V), because the Icom developers have yet to learn
          what a COM port is. Once the hardware is connected, you can configure the
          software.

          Download the latest runtime package of OmniRig and install it. The program
          will land in the Program Files\Afreet\OmniRig folder.

          Start Band Master, click on Tools/Settings/Miscellaneous, then click on the
          RIG Control / Configure button. The OmniRig configuration dialog will open.
          Enter all parameters of the COM port, exactly as specified in the operating
          manual of your radio. Once you are done, the Radio icon on the status bar
          will change its color from red to gray, indicating that the radio is on-line
          and functioning properly.