Still in the dark or 'Another senior moment'

  • wapiti_sur_slayer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
      Alex: OK, I still need help setting this all up. I deleted my hamcap
      folder and then down loaded the hamcap.zip file. extracted the files
      again. ran setup. I still only have a 'readme file, and a setup file in
      my hamcap folder.
      I could not see a ssn.dat folder to replace with the newer version.
      Where am I going wrong?

      I realize that I am at least 1 brick short of a full load on
      somethings, so I hope you will be pateint with me until I hopefully get
      all things running properly.
      Thanks in advance for your help.

      Spencer W7SUR 73
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
        Spencer, in case Alex does not get back to you this evening I will try a
        whack at this. It sounds like you have another step to go. The 'zip'
        file will be extracted into a folder such as you have described. At that
        point I believe you have to click on that 'setup' program you mention.
        That should then establish "Ham CAP" in a folder by its own name which
        resides under a master folder called "Afreet" found within your
        Windows/Program Files location. Once you have that Ham CAP folder
        installed you should see the SSN.dat file in that folder. As before,
        download the new SSN.dat fule, unzip it and move it to the Ham CAP
        folder. As Alex mentioned, it should ask you if you want to replace the
        existing file... at that point tell it 'YES' and it should take care of
        the situation.

        Good luck.

        Bruce, K2BET

        wapiti_sur_slayer wrote:

        > Alex: OK, I still need help setting this all up. I deleted my hamcap
        > folder and then down loaded the hamcap.zip file. extracted the files
        > again. ran setup. I still only have a 'readme file, and a setup file in
        > my hamcap folder.
        > I could not see a ssn.dat folder to replace with the newer version.
        > Where am I going wrong?
        >
        > I realize that I am at least 1 brick short of a full load on
        > somethings, so I hope you will be pateint with me until I hopefully get
        > all things running properly.
        > Thanks in advance for your help.
        >
        > Spencer W7SUR 73

        > http://www.eset.com
      • Spencer Shields
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
          Thanks Bruce. As you may have seen, I all of a sudden had my brain fart pass, and I figured it out.
          You were right. I was looking in the wrong folder for hamcap. All is well, until I find the next brick wall to beat my head against.73 Spencer W7SUR

          To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.comFrom: bet110@...: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:51:37 -0500Subject: Re: [dxatlas] Still in the dark or 'Another senior moment'

          Spencer, in case Alex does not get back to you this evening I will try a whack at this. It sounds like you have another step to go. The 'zip' file will be extracted into a folder such as you have described. At that point I believe you have to click on that 'setup' program you mention. That should then establish "Ham CAP" in a folder by its own name which resides under a master folder called "Afreet" found within your Windows/Program Files location. Once you have that Ham CAP folder installed you should see the SSN.dat file in that folder. As before, download the new SSN.dat fule, unzip it and move it to the Ham CAP folder. As Alex mentioned, it should ask you if you want to replace the existing file... at that point tell it 'YES' and it should take care of the situation.Good luck.Bruce, K2BETwapiti_sur_slayer wrote:>> Alex: OK, I still need help setting this all up. I deleted my hamcap> folder and then down loaded the hamcap.zip file. extracted the files> again. ran setup. I still only have a 'readme file, and a setup file in> my hamcap folder.> I could not see a ssn.dat folder to replace with the newer version.> Where am I going wrong?>> I realize that I am at least 1 brick short of a full load on> somethings, so I hope you will be pateint with me until I hopefully get> all things running properly.> Thanks in advance for your help.>> Spencer W7SUR 73>> >> __________ NOD32 2791 (20080114) Information __________>> This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.> http://www.eset.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
            Don't go beyond shaking out the cobwebs! G'nite from the Eastern Time Zone.