Re: Faros and Rig Timeout - PROBLEM FIXED

  • Barry
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2008
      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Barry" <yankeebluedevil@...> wrote:

      > I am using Faros with my TS-930, which has a Piexx board for computer
      > control. Faros and the TS-930 work together fine with one
      > exception. I've been running Faros for 24 hours and the TS-930
      > appears to timeout (freeze) every 1-2 hours.

      The problem has been fixed. I did the following: 1) reinstalled
      OmniRig to make sure I had latest version, 2) stopped running Hamcap
      and DX Atlas while running Faros, and 3) changed DTR setting to high.
      I'm not sure which change helped but Faros has been running more than
      24 consecutive hours without any problems.

      73, Barry K4CZ
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2008
        Hi Barry,

        If your interface board does not support hardware handshaking, or your cable
        does not have handshaking wires, then your DTR setting was most likely the
        source of the problem. DTR=Handshake must be set only if there is hardware
        support for that.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2008
          Alex,

          The timeouts have started again. Would adjusting the polling interval
          or timeout settings help? My current settings are 500 and 4000,
          respectively.

          73, Barry K4CZ

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 19, 2008
            Hi Barry,

            Your polling and timeout settings are OK, the problem lies somewhere else.