Faros and Rig Timeout

  • Barry
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008
      I am using Faros with my TS-930, which has a Piexx board for computer
      control. Faros and the TS-930 work together fine with one
      exception. I've been running Faros for 24 hours and the TS-930
      appears to timeout (freeze) every 1-2 hours. Faros freezes but does
      not crash. I can usually restart the beacon logging by either
      changing the rig frequency manually or turning the rig off and back on.

      The Piexx board uses the TS-570 command set. I did not find the
      TS-570 in the OmniRig drop-down box so I am using the generic Kenwood
      option. OmniRig settings (within Faros) follow:
      - Kenwood
      - Com3
      - 4800
      - 8
      - None
      - 2
      - Handshake
      - Low
      - 500
      - 4000

      Any suggestions regarding how to troubleshoot or fix the problem?

      Thanks and 73,

      Barry K4CZ
    • Barry
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2008
        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Barry" <yankeebluedevil@...> wrote:

        > I am using Faros with my TS-930, which has a Piexx board for computer
        > control. Faros and the TS-930 work together fine with one
        > exception. I've been running Faros for 24 hours and the TS-930
        > appears to timeout (freeze) every 1-2 hours.

        The problem has been fixed. I did the following: 1) reinstalled
        OmniRig to make sure I had latest version, 2) stopped running Hamcap
        and DX Atlas while running Faros, and 3) changed DTR setting to high.
        I'm not sure which change helped but Faros has been running more than
        24 consecutive hours without any problems.

        73, Barry K4CZ
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2008
          Hi Barry,

          If your interface board does not support hardware handshaking, or your cable
          does not have handshaking wires, then your DTR setting was most likely the
          source of the problem. DTR=Handshake must be set only if there is hardware
          support for that.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15, 2008
            Alex,

            The timeouts have started again. Would adjusting the polling interval
            or timeout settings help? My current settings are 500 and 4000,
            respectively.

            73, Barry K4CZ

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 19, 2008
              Hi Barry,

              Your polling and timeout settings are OK, the problem lies somewhere else.