Re: Ham CAP 1.5

  • wd4elg_base
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
      I just noticed this also. I normally ignore it because I ASSUME that
      with IONOPROBE integration selected under the SETTINGS tab that real
      time data is automatically downloaded. Am I incorrect? What am I
      missing?

      Mark, WD4ELG http://wd4elg.net
      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Harris" <mike.harris@...>
      wrote:

      > G'day,
      >
      > The month in Params will not increment beyond Dec 2007.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Mike VP8NO

    • Mike Harris
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
        Hi,

        New file loaded. Not being able to find data for Jan 2008 Ham CAP was
        defaulting to Jan 2003 and forcing a recalculation of area coverage. I
        thought something was adrift when 10 metres was supposed to be wide open
        at 13:00Z. I assume Ham CAP passes the prediction month through to VOACAP
        and hence it isn't just simply plugging in the numbers from IonoProbe.

        Right or wrong all is now OK.

        Regards,

        Mike VP8NO

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
          Hi Mike,

          IonoProbe returns the observed SSN for the month selected in HamCap, so that
          propagation for the current month or for the past months can be analyzed.

          73 Alex VE3NEA

          > Hi,
          >
          > New file loaded. Not being able to find data for Jan 2008 Ham CAP was
          > defaulting to Jan 2003 and forcing a recalculation of area coverage. I
          > thought something was adrift when 10 metres was supposed to be wide open
          > at 13:00Z. I assume Ham CAP passes the prediction month through to VOACAP
          > and hence it isn't just simply plugging in the numbers from IonoProbe.
          >
          > Right or wrong all is now OK.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Mike VP8NO

        • Puck
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
            wrote:

            > G'day,
            >
            > The month in Params will not increment beyond Dec 2007.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Mike VP8NO

            I have Ham Cap 1.5 and Ionoprobe 1.36 and as Mike stated above the
            Params wiil not increment beyond Dec 2007. The program comes up as Jan
            2003. What is the solution to make the programs work properly??

            Puck, W4PM
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
              Puck, Go to the URL for downloads and get the updated SSN file. Unzip it
              and place it in the Ham CAP folder. It will replace the old one and you
              will be back in business. I just had to do this this morning and it put
              me in fine shape again.

              Bruce, K2BET

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
                PS: That old file with 2003 data sure gets your hopes up in a hurry,
                don't it!? :)

                Puck wrote:

                > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
                > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "Mike Harris" <mike.harris@...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > G'day,
                > >
                > > The month in Params will not increment beyond Dec 2007.
                > >
                > > Regards,
                > >
                > > Mike VP8NO
                >
                > I have Ham Cap 1.5 and Ionoprobe 1.36 and as Mike stated above the
                > Params wiil not increment beyond Dec 2007. The program comes up as Jan
                > 2003. What is the solution to make the programs work properly??
                >
                > Puck, W4PM

                > http://www.eset.com
              • Puck
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
                  --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:

                  > Puck, Go to the URL for downloads and get the updated SSN file. Unzip
                  it
                  > and place it in the Ham CAP folder. It will replace the old one and
                  you
                  > will be back in business. I just had to do this this morning and it
                  put
                  > me in fine shape again.
                  >
                  > Bruce, K2BET

                  Bruce,
                  Thank you very much. That worked. I was wondering why the propagation
                  looked so good. Then I noticed the program was showing me January 2003!
                  It sure will be nice when we get back to that point again.

                  73,
                  Puck, W4PM
                • Thomas Seibt - DF2LH
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
                    Hello around :)

                    as IonoProbe user i'am lookink for a way to activate the IonoProbe
                    button in the Ham CAP settingsdialogue everytime I start Ham CAP.

                    Is there a 'switch' in the hamcap.ini possible?

                    vy '73 de Tom, DF2LH