Re: [dxatlas] Ham CAP 1.5

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
      Egads! The dreaded 2K+8 bug!

      but seriously folks, there is a file in the Ham CAP folder titled
      SSN.DAT. It ends at December 2007. You can manually add values for
      subsequent months, but I have no idea how you decide what the value should
      be. If you have Ionoprobe installed, then you can go to the Settings tab
      in Ham CAP, click on Ionoprobe, and values will be automagically provided
      for this and subsequent months.

      73, Pete N4ZR

      At 09:33 AM 1/1/2008, Mike Harris wrote:
      >G'day,
      >
      >The month in Params will not increment beyond Dec 2007.
      >
      >Regards,
      >
      >Mike VP8NO
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • wd4elg_base
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
        I just noticed this also. I normally ignore it because I ASSUME that
        with IONOPROBE integration selected under the SETTINGS tab that real
        time data is automatically downloaded. Am I incorrect? What am I
        missing?

        Mark, WD4ELG http://wd4elg.net
        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Harris" <mike.harris@...>
        wrote:

        > G'day,
        >
        > The month in Params will not increment beyond Dec 2007.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Mike VP8NO

      • Mike Harris
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
          Hi,

          New file loaded. Not being able to find data for Jan 2008 Ham CAP was
          defaulting to Jan 2003 and forcing a recalculation of area coverage. I
          thought something was adrift when 10 metres was supposed to be wide open
          at 13:00Z. I assume Ham CAP passes the prediction month through to VOACAP
          and hence it isn't just simply plugging in the numbers from IonoProbe.

          Right or wrong all is now OK.

          Regards,

          Mike VP8NO

          | but seriously folks, there is a file in the Ham CAP folder titled
          | SSN.DAT. It ends at December 2007. You can manually add values for
          | subsequent months, but I have no idea how you decide what the value
          should
          | be. If you have Ionoprobe installed, then you can go to the Settings
          tab
          | in Ham CAP, click on Ionoprobe, and values will be automagically
          provided
          | for this and subsequent months.
          |
          | 73, Pete N4ZR
          |
          | At 09:33 AM 1/1/2008, Mike Harris wrote:
          | >G'day,
          | >
          | >The month in Params will not increment beyond Dec 2007.
          | >
          | >Regards,
          | >
          | >Mike VP8NO
          | >

          | >Yahoo! Groups Links

          31/12/2007 12:20
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
            Hi Mike,

            IonoProbe returns the observed SSN for the month selected in HamCap, so that
            propagation for the current month or for the past months can be analyzed.

            73 Alex VE3NEA

            > Hi,
            >
            > New file loaded. Not being able to find data for Jan 2008 Ham CAP was
            > defaulting to Jan 2003 and forcing a recalculation of area coverage. I
            > thought something was adrift when 10 metres was supposed to be wide open
            > at 13:00Z. I assume Ham CAP passes the prediction month through to VOACAP
            > and hence it isn't just simply plugging in the numbers from IonoProbe.
            >
            > Right or wrong all is now OK.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Mike VP8NO

          • Puck
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
              wrote:

              > G'day,
              >
              > The month in Params will not increment beyond Dec 2007.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Mike VP8NO

              I have Ham Cap 1.5 and Ionoprobe 1.36 and as Mike stated above the
              Params wiil not increment beyond Dec 2007. The program comes up as Jan
              2003. What is the solution to make the programs work properly??

              Puck, W4PM
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
                Puck, Go to the URL for downloads and get the updated SSN file. Unzip it
                and place it in the Ham CAP folder. It will replace the old one and you
                will be back in business. I just had to do this this morning and it put
                me in fine shape again.

                Bruce, K2BET

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
                  PS: That old file with 2003 data sure gets your hopes up in a hurry,
                  don't it!? :)

                  Puck wrote:

                  > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
                  > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "Mike Harris" <mike.harris@...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > G'day,
                  > >
                  > > The month in Params will not increment beyond Dec 2007.
                  > >
                  > > Regards,
                  > >
                  > > Mike VP8NO
                  >
                  > I have Ham Cap 1.5 and Ionoprobe 1.36 and as Mike stated above the
                  > Params wiil not increment beyond Dec 2007. The program comes up as Jan
                  > 2003. What is the solution to make the programs work properly??
                  >
                  > Puck, W4PM

                  > http://www.eset.com
                • Puck
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
                    --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:

                    > Puck, Go to the URL for downloads and get the updated SSN file. Unzip
                    it
                    > and place it in the Ham CAP folder. It will replace the old one and
                    you
                    > will be back in business. I just had to do this this morning and it
                    put
                    > me in fine shape again.
                    >
                    > Bruce, K2BET

                    Bruce,
                    Thank you very much. That worked. I was wondering why the propagation
                    looked so good. Then I noticed the program was showing me January 2003!
                    It sure will be nice when we get back to that point again.

                    73,
                    Puck, W4PM
                  • Thomas Seibt - DF2LH
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
                      Hello around :)

                      as IonoProbe user i'am lookink for a way to activate the IonoProbe
                      button in the Ham CAP settingsdialogue everytime I start Ham CAP.

                      Is there a 'switch' in the hamcap.ini possible?

                      vy '73 de Tom, DF2LH