IonoProbe 1.36 released. Was: IonoProbe Stealing Resources

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 27, 2007
      Hi Eric,

      This happens because of a formatting error in the solar flux forecast data
      on the NOAA web site. I have uploaded IonoProbe 1.36 that handles this error
      gracefully, please download the new version.

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 27, 2007
        Thanks, Alex.
        ------------

        Alex, VE3NEA wrote:

        > Hi Eric,
        >
        > This happens because of a formatting error in the solar flux forecast
        > data
        > on the NOAA web site. I have uploaded IonoProbe 1.36 that handles this
        > error
        > gracefully, please download the new version.

        > > Alex/Gang,
        > >
        > > I have notice my computer was not as responsive as it once was. When
        > > checking with the Windows Task Manager it shows IonoProbe.exe using 99
        > > percent of the computer's resources. Double clicking on the taskbar
        > icon
        > > no
        > > longer brings up the program.
        > >
        > > Reinstalling (over old files) does not cure the problem.
        > > I don't think IonoProbe is conflicting with other programmes or
        > drivers,
        > > but
        > > for the life of me I can not seem to isolate the problem.
        > >
        > > Ideas anyone?
        > >
        > > de Eric - VE3GSI

        > http://www.eset.com
      • George Vincent K3GV
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 27, 2007
          TNX Alex for the quick response to the problem. Everything is working as it
          should now.

          73,
          George K3GV

          DX: Long may it live !
          If it isn't LOGic, it isn't LOGging

          This happens because of a formatting error in the solar flux forecast data
          on the NOAA web site. I have uploaded IonoProbe 1.36 that handles this error

          gracefully, please download the new version.

          > Alex/Gang,
          >
          > I have notice my computer was not as responsive as it once was. When
          > checking with the Windows Task Manager it shows IonoProbe.exe using 99
          > percent of the computer's resources. Double clicking on the taskbar icon
          > no
          > longer brings up the program.
          >
          > Reinstalling (over old files) does not cure the problem.
          > I don't think IonoProbe is conflicting with other programmes or drivers,
          > but
          > for the life of me I can not seem to isolate the problem.
          >
          > Ideas anyone?
          >
          > de Eric - VE3GSI

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          13:34

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          13:34
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 27, 2007
            Took care of my problem as well... Thanks again, Alex!
            -------------
            George Vincent K3GV wrote:
            > TNX Alex for the quick response to the problem. Everything is working as it
            > should now.
            >
            > 73,
            > George K3GV
            >

            > DX: Long may it live !
            > If it isn't LOGic, it isn't LOGging

          • Dan Schaaf
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 28, 2007
              Thank you

              Best Regards
              Dan Schaaf
              ===============================
              NOBSKA
              www.nobska.net
              ===============================
              Cape Cod Instruments
              www.oceanbiz.net
              ===============================
              This happens because of a formatting error in the solar flux forecast data
              on the NOAA web site. I have uploaded IonoProbe 1.36 that handles this error
              gracefully, please download the new version.

              > Alex/Gang,
              >
              > I have notice my computer was not as responsive as it once was. When
              > checking with the Windows Task Manager it shows IonoProbe.exe using 99
              > percent of the computer's resources. Double clicking on the taskbar icon
              > no
              > longer brings up the program.
              >
              > Reinstalling (over old files) does not cure the problem.
              > I don't think IonoProbe is conflicting with other programmes or drivers,
              > but
              > for the life of me I can not seem to isolate the problem.
              >
              > Ideas anyone?
              >
              > de Eric - VE3GSI

            • James Streible
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 28, 2007
                Thanks Alex. This is really fast response.

                73,

                Jim K4DLI