Re: [dxatlas] IonoProbe Stealing Resources

  • Dan Schaaf
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
      Same here with XP Home. Bad Data hangup

      Best Regards
      Dan Schaaf
      ===============================
      NOBSKA
      www.nobska.net
      ===============================
      Cape Cod Instruments
      www.oceanbiz.net
      ===============================
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Michael Pfeuffer
      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2007 10:05 PM
      Subject: RE: [dxatlas] IonoProbe Stealing Resources

      FWIW, I've seen it on versions 1.33 & 1.35, running XP Pro.

      --Mike

      At 08:39 PM 12/27/2007, John T. Fleming wrote:
      >I am having the same problem running Vista Ultimate on a Core2Duo with 4 Gig
      >of memory.
      >

      >73,
      >
      >John
      >

      > _____

    • James Streible
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
        I was wondering why my computer was running slow.
        After reading these e-mails i tried to fire up IonProbe from the start
        menu in task bad and it would not start. I also could nor delete the
        Icon for IonProbe either. Starten it from the icon on the Desktop and it
        put a second icon in the task bar and I could get the program to run
        but, there is no recent data for about a day and I can't download any
        new data.

        I can delete the second Icon in the task bar but, not the original that
        was loaded this morning at start up. IonProbe is also taking over 50% of
        my CPU.

        Jim K4DLI

        Robert Carroll wrote:

        > I originally assumed the first report of this was an isolated problem, but
        > being intrigued by the second report of this, I just cranked up
        > Ionoprobe on
        > a decent machine and saw it was taking 50% of the CPU. Usually it requires
        > almost nothing. I can't imagine what could cause this.
        >
        > Also, I tried to close the program and couldn't. I had to kill it with
        > task
        > manager.
        >
        > I use XP SP2,
        >
        > 73
        >
        > Bob W2WG
        >
        > _____
        >
        > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

      • James Streible
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
          Well, I hope everyone could read this message. Sorry for the misspelled
          words.
          Happens when I get in a hurry and type the wrong word and the spell
          checker just knows the word is spelled correct but not that it is the
          wrong word.

          Jim K4DLI

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
            Same symptoms on my version 1.35 IonoProbe. I also don't have the normal
            menu items at the top of the window which allow for manual data
            download. All data windows are just blank and greyed out. I run Win XP
            Pro with all currently known upgrades.

            Bruce, K2BET
            -----------------------

            James Streible wrote:

            > Well, I hope everyone could read this message. Sorry for the misspelled
            > words.
            > Happens when I get in a hurry and type the wrong word and the spell
            > checker just knows the word is spelled correct but not that it is the
            > wrong word.
            >
            > Jim K4DLI
            >
            > James Streible wrote:
            > >
            > > I was wondering why my computer was running slow.
            > > After reading these e-mails i tried to fire up IonProbe from the start
            > > menu in task bad and it would not start. I also could nor delete the
            > > Icon for IonProbe either. Starten it from the icon on the Desktop and it
            > > put a second icon in the task bar and I could get the program to run
            > > but, there is no recent data for about a day and I can't download any
            > > new data.
            > >
            > > I can delete the second Icon in the task bar but, not the original that
            > > was loaded this morning at start up. IonProbe is also taking over 50% of
            > > my CPU.
            > >
            > > Jim K4DLI
            > >
            > > Robert Carroll wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I originally assumed the first report of this was an isolated
            > > problem, but
            > > > being intrigued by the second report of this, I just cranked up
            > > > Ionoprobe on
            > > > a decent machine and saw it was taking 50% of the CPU. Usually it
            > > requires
            > > > almost nothing. I can't imagine what could cause this.
            > > >
            > > > Also, I tried to close the program and couldn't. I had to kill it with
            > > > task
            > > > manager.
            > > >
            > > > I use XP SP2,
            > > >
            > > > 73
            > > >
            > > > Bob W2WG
            > > >
            > > > _____
            > > >
            > > > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
            > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > > [mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

          • George Vincent
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
              WOW, am I a glutton for punishment. Tried to open Ionoprobe 1.35 and
              experienced the same as everyone else.

              I was going to delete IONOPROBE, but instead just opened Windows Task
              Manager and opened the Processes tab and ended Ionoprobe.exe

              Immediately my system resources increased and my computer started running as
              a 3.2 MHz machine should. I am certainly glad that this was brought to my
              attention. I couldn't figure out why my computer became so sluggish.

              TNX for the heads up on this one. I too await a response from Alex.

              73,
              George Vincent K3GV

              DX: Long may it live !
              If it isn't LOGic, it isn't LOGging

              James Streible wrote:

              > Well, I hope everyone could read this message. Sorry for the misspelled
              > words.
              > Happens when I get in a hurry and type the wrong word and the spell
              > checker just knows the word is spelled correct but not that it is the
              > wrong word.
              >
              > Jim K4DLI
              >
              > James Streible wrote:
              > >
              > > I was wondering why my computer was running slow.
              > > After reading these e-mails i tried to fire up IonProbe from the start
              > > menu in task bad and it would not start. I also could nor delete the
              > > Icon for IonProbe either. Starten it from the icon on the Desktop and it
              > > put a second icon in the task bar and I could get the program to run
              > > but, there is no recent data for about a day and I can't download any
              > > new data.
              > >
              > > I can delete the second Icon in the task bar but, not the original that
              > > was loaded this morning at start up. IonProbe is also taking over 50% of
              > > my CPU.
              > >
              > > Jim K4DLI
              > >
              > > Robert Carroll wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I originally assumed the first report of this was an isolated
              > > problem, but
              > > > being intrigued by the second report of this, I just cranked up
              > > > Ionoprobe on
              > > > a decent machine and saw it was taking 50% of the CPU. Usually it
              > > requires
              > > > almost nothing. I can't imagine what could cause this.
              > > >
              > > > Also, I tried to close the program and couldn't. I had to kill it with
              > > > task
              > > > manager.
              > > >
              > > > I use XP SP2,
              > > >
              > > > 73
              > > >
              > > > Bob W2WG
              > > >
              > > > _____
              > > >
              > > > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
              > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
              > > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
              > > > [mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.
              13:34