Re: IonoProbe Stealing Resources

  • Stan Huntting
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@...> wrote:

      > Alex/Gang,
      >
      > I have notice my computer was not as responsive as it once was. When
      > checking with the Windows Task Manager it shows IonoProbe.exe using 99
      > percent of the computer's resources. Double clicking on the taskbar
      icon no
      > longer brings up the program.

      Same here. I have disabled IonoProbe until I see a fix from Alex. This
      bug is a show-stopper! (WinXP/SP2)

      Stan, KW7KW
    • John T. Fleming
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
        I am having the same problem running Vista Ultimate on a Core2Duo with 4 Gig
        of memory.

        73,

        John

        _____

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
          FWIW, I've seen it on versions 1.33 & 1.35, running XP Pro.

          --Mike

          At 08:39 PM 12/27/2007, John T. Fleming wrote:
          >I am having the same problem running Vista Ultimate on a Core2Duo with 4 Gig
          >of memory.
          >

          >73,
          >
          >John
          >

          > _____

        • Dan Schaaf
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
            Same here with XP Home. Bad Data hangup

            Best Regards
            Dan Schaaf
            ===============================
            NOBSKA
            www.nobska.net
            ===============================
            Cape Cod Instruments
            www.oceanbiz.net
            ===============================
            FWIW, I've seen it on versions 1.33 & 1.35, running XP Pro.

            --Mike

            At 08:39 PM 12/27/2007, John T. Fleming wrote:
            >I am having the same problem running Vista Ultimate on a Core2Duo with 4 Gig
            >of memory.
            >

            >73,
            >
            >John
            >

            > _____

          • James Streible
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
              I was wondering why my computer was running slow.
              After reading these e-mails i tried to fire up IonProbe from the start
              menu in task bad and it would not start. I also could nor delete the
              Icon for IonProbe either. Starten it from the icon on the Desktop and it
              put a second icon in the task bar and I could get the program to run
              but, there is no recent data for about a day and I can't download any
              new data.

              I can delete the second Icon in the task bar but, not the original that
              was loaded this morning at start up. IonProbe is also taking over 50% of
              my CPU.

              Jim K4DLI

              Robert Carroll wrote:

              > I originally assumed the first report of this was an isolated problem, but
              > being intrigued by the second report of this, I just cranked up
              > Ionoprobe on
              > a decent machine and saw it was taking 50% of the CPU. Usually it requires
              > almost nothing. I can't imagine what could cause this.
              >
              > Also, I tried to close the program and couldn't. I had to kill it with
              > task
              > manager.
              >
              > I use XP SP2,
              >
              > 73
              >
              > Bob W2WG
              >
              > _____
              >
              > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

            • James Streible
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
                Well, I hope everyone could read this message. Sorry for the misspelled
                words.
                Happens when I get in a hurry and type the wrong word and the spell
                checker just knows the word is spelled correct but not that it is the
                wrong word.

                Jim K4DLI

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
                  Same symptoms on my version 1.35 IonoProbe. I also don't have the normal
                  menu items at the top of the window which allow for manual data
                  download. All data windows are just blank and greyed out. I run Win XP
                  Pro with all currently known upgrades.

                  Bruce, K2BET
                  -----------------------

                  James Streible wrote:

                  > Well, I hope everyone could read this message. Sorry for the misspelled
                  > words.
                  > Happens when I get in a hurry and type the wrong word and the spell
                  > checker just knows the word is spelled correct but not that it is the
                  > wrong word.
                  >
                  > Jim K4DLI
                  >
                  > James Streible wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I was wondering why my computer was running slow.
                  > > After reading these e-mails i tried to fire up IonProbe from the start
                  > > menu in task bad and it would not start. I also could nor delete the
                  > > Icon for IonProbe either. Starten it from the icon on the Desktop and it
                  > > put a second icon in the task bar and I could get the program to run
                  > > but, there is no recent data for about a day and I can't download any
                  > > new data.
                  > >
                  > > I can delete the second Icon in the task bar but, not the original that
                  > > was loaded this morning at start up. IonProbe is also taking over 50% of
                  > > my CPU.
                  > >
                  > > Jim K4DLI
                  > >
                  > > Robert Carroll wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I originally assumed the first report of this was an isolated
                  > > problem, but
                  > > > being intrigued by the second report of this, I just cranked up
                  > > > Ionoprobe on
                  > > > a decent machine and saw it was taking 50% of the CPU. Usually it
                  > > requires
                  > > > almost nothing. I can't imagine what could cause this.
                  > > >
                  > > > Also, I tried to close the program and couldn't. I had to kill it with
                  > > > task
                  > > > manager.
                  > > >
                  > > > I use XP SP2,
                  > > >
                  > > > 73
                  > > >
                  > > > Bob W2WG
                  > > >
                  > > > _____
                  > > >
                  > > > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
                  > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > > > [mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

                • George Vincent
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
                    WOW, am I a glutton for punishment. Tried to open Ionoprobe 1.35 and
                    experienced the same as everyone else.

                    I was going to delete IONOPROBE, but instead just opened Windows Task
                    Manager and opened the Processes tab and ended Ionoprobe.exe

                    Immediately my system resources increased and my computer started running as
                    a 3.2 MHz machine should. I am certainly glad that this was brought to my
                    attention. I couldn't figure out why my computer became so sluggish.

                    TNX for the heads up on this one. I too await a response from Alex.

                    73,
                    George Vincent K3GV

                    DX: Long may it live !
                    If it isn't LOGic, it isn't LOGging

                    James Streible wrote:

                    > Well, I hope everyone could read this message. Sorry for the misspelled
                    > words.
                    > Happens when I get in a hurry and type the wrong word and the spell
                    > checker just knows the word is spelled correct but not that it is the
                    > wrong word.
                    >
                    > Jim K4DLI
                    >
                    > James Streible wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I was wondering why my computer was running slow.
                    > > After reading these e-mails i tried to fire up IonProbe from the start
                    > > menu in task bad and it would not start. I also could nor delete the
                    > > Icon for IonProbe either. Starten it from the icon on the Desktop and it
                    > > put a second icon in the task bar and I could get the program to run
                    > > but, there is no recent data for about a day and I can't download any
                    > > new data.
                    > >
                    > > I can delete the second Icon in the task bar but, not the original that
                    > > was loaded this morning at start up. IonProbe is also taking over 50% of
                    > > my CPU.
                    > >
                    > > Jim K4DLI
                    > >
                    > > Robert Carroll wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > I originally assumed the first report of this was an isolated
                    > > problem, but
                    > > > being intrigued by the second report of this, I just cranked up
                    > > > Ionoprobe on
                    > > > a decent machine and saw it was taking 50% of the CPU. Usually it
                    > > requires
                    > > > almost nothing. I can't imagine what could cause this.
                    > > >
                    > > > Also, I tried to close the program and couldn't. I had to kill it with
                    > > > task
                    > > > manager.
                    > > >
                    > > > I use XP SP2,
                    > > >
                    > > > 73
                    > > >
                    > > > Bob W2WG
                    > > >
                    > > > _____
                    > > >
                    > > > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
                    > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > > > [mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                    13:34