RE: [dxatlas] IonoProbe Stealing Resources

  • Eric - VE3GSI
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
      Tnx for the confirmation Mike!

      Hopefully a new batch of data will come along soon to get us up and running
      until Alex has had time to scratch his head over this one.

      73 Eric..

    • Stan Huntting
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@...> wrote:

        > Alex/Gang,
        >
        > I have notice my computer was not as responsive as it once was. When
        > checking with the Windows Task Manager it shows IonoProbe.exe using 99
        > percent of the computer's resources. Double clicking on the taskbar
        icon no
        > longer brings up the program.

        Same here. I have disabled IonoProbe until I see a fix from Alex. This
        bug is a show-stopper! (WinXP/SP2)

        Stan, KW7KW
      • John T. Fleming
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
          I am having the same problem running Vista Ultimate on a Core2Duo with 4 Gig
          of memory.

          73,

          John

          _____

          Hopefully a new batch of data will come along soon to get us up and running
          until Alex has had time to scratch his head over this one.

          73 Eric..

        • Michael Pfeuffer
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
            FWIW, I've seen it on versions 1.33 & 1.35, running XP Pro.

            --Mike

            At 08:39 PM 12/27/2007, John T. Fleming wrote:
            >I am having the same problem running Vista Ultimate on a Core2Duo with 4 Gig
            >of memory.
            >

            >73,
            >
            >John
            >

            > _____

          • Dan Schaaf
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
              Same here with XP Home. Bad Data hangup

              Best Regards
              Dan Schaaf
              ===============================
              NOBSKA
              www.nobska.net
              ===============================
              Cape Cod Instruments
              www.oceanbiz.net
              ===============================
              FWIW, I've seen it on versions 1.33 & 1.35, running XP Pro.

              --Mike

              At 08:39 PM 12/27/2007, John T. Fleming wrote:
              >I am having the same problem running Vista Ultimate on a Core2Duo with 4 Gig
              >of memory.
              >

              >73,
              >
              >John
              >

              > _____

            • James Streible
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
                I was wondering why my computer was running slow.
                After reading these e-mails i tried to fire up IonProbe from the start
                menu in task bad and it would not start. I also could nor delete the
                Icon for IonProbe either. Starten it from the icon on the Desktop and it
                put a second icon in the task bar and I could get the program to run
                but, there is no recent data for about a day and I can't download any
                new data.

                I can delete the second Icon in the task bar but, not the original that
                was loaded this morning at start up. IonProbe is also taking over 50% of
                my CPU.

                Jim K4DLI

                Robert Carroll wrote:

                > I originally assumed the first report of this was an isolated problem, but
                > being intrigued by the second report of this, I just cranked up
                > Ionoprobe on
                > a decent machine and saw it was taking 50% of the CPU. Usually it requires
                > almost nothing. I can't imagine what could cause this.
                >
                > Also, I tried to close the program and couldn't. I had to kill it with
                > task
                > manager.
                >
                > I use XP SP2,
                >
                > 73
                >
                > Bob W2WG
                >
                > _____
                >
                > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

              • James Streible
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
                  Well, I hope everyone could read this message. Sorry for the misspelled
                  words.
                  Happens when I get in a hurry and type the wrong word and the spell
                  checker just knows the word is spelled correct but not that it is the
                  wrong word.

                  Jim K4DLI

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
                    Same symptoms on my version 1.35 IonoProbe. I also don't have the normal
                    menu items at the top of the window which allow for manual data
                    download. All data windows are just blank and greyed out. I run Win XP
                    Pro with all currently known upgrades.

                    Bruce, K2BET
                    -----------------------

                    James Streible wrote:

                    > Well, I hope everyone could read this message. Sorry for the misspelled
                    > words.
                    > Happens when I get in a hurry and type the wrong word and the spell
                    > checker just knows the word is spelled correct but not that it is the
                    > wrong word.
                    >
                    > Jim K4DLI
                    >
                    > James Streible wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I was wondering why my computer was running slow.
                    > > After reading these e-mails i tried to fire up IonProbe from the start
                    > > menu in task bad and it would not start. I also could nor delete the
                    > > Icon for IonProbe either. Starten it from the icon on the Desktop and it
                    > > put a second icon in the task bar and I could get the program to run
                    > > but, there is no recent data for about a day and I can't download any
                    > > new data.
                    > >
                    > > I can delete the second Icon in the task bar but, not the original that
                    > > was loaded this morning at start up. IonProbe is also taking over 50% of
                    > > my CPU.
                    > >
                    > > Jim K4DLI
                    > >
                    > > Robert Carroll wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > I originally assumed the first report of this was an isolated
                    > > problem, but
                    > > > being intrigued by the second report of this, I just cranked up
                    > > > Ionoprobe on
                    > > > a decent machine and saw it was taking 50% of the CPU. Usually it
                    > > requires
                    > > > almost nothing. I can't imagine what could cause this.
                    > > >
                    > > > Also, I tried to close the program and couldn't. I had to kill it with
                    > > > task
                    > > > manager.
                    > > >
                    > > > I use XP SP2,
                    > > >
                    > > > 73
                    > > >
                    > > > Bob W2WG
                    > > >
                    > > > _____
                    > > >
                    > > > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
                    > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > > > [mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

                  • George Vincent
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 27, 2007
                      WOW, am I a glutton for punishment. Tried to open Ionoprobe 1.35 and
                      experienced the same as everyone else.

                      I was going to delete IONOPROBE, but instead just opened Windows Task
                      Manager and opened the Processes tab and ended Ionoprobe.exe

                      Immediately my system resources increased and my computer started running as
                      a 3.2 MHz machine should. I am certainly glad that this was brought to my
                      attention. I couldn't figure out why my computer became so sluggish.

                      TNX for the heads up on this one. I too await a response from Alex.

                      73,
                      George Vincent K3GV

                      DX: Long may it live !
                      If it isn't LOGic, it isn't LOGging

                      James Streible wrote:

                      > Well, I hope everyone could read this message. Sorry for the misspelled
                      > words.
                      > Happens when I get in a hurry and type the wrong word and the spell
                      > checker just knows the word is spelled correct but not that it is the
                      > wrong word.
                      >
                      > Jim K4DLI
                      >
                      > James Streible wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I was wondering why my computer was running slow.
                      > > After reading these e-mails i tried to fire up IonProbe from the start
                      > > menu in task bad and it would not start. I also could nor delete the
                      > > Icon for IonProbe either. Starten it from the icon on the Desktop and it
                      > > put a second icon in the task bar and I could get the program to run
                      > > but, there is no recent data for about a day and I can't download any
                      > > new data.
                      > >
                      > > I can delete the second Icon in the task bar but, not the original that
                      > > was loaded this morning at start up. IonProbe is also taking over 50% of
                      > > my CPU.
                      > >
                      > > Jim K4DLI
                      > >
                      > > Robert Carroll wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I originally assumed the first report of this was an isolated
                      > > problem, but
                      > > > being intrigued by the second report of this, I just cranked up
                      > > > Ionoprobe on
                      > > > a decent machine and saw it was taking 50% of the CPU. Usually it
                      > > requires
                      > > > almost nothing. I can't imagine what could cause this.
                      > > >
                      > > > Also, I tried to close the program and couldn't. I had to kill it with
                      > > > task
                      > > > manager.
                      > > >
                      > > > I use XP SP2,
                      > > >
                      > > > 73
                      > > >
                      > > > Bob W2WG
                      > > >
                      > > > _____
                      > > >
                      > > > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
                      > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
                      > > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
                      > > > [mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                      13:34