What to do when the Ionoprobe registration key does not work

  • wd4elg_base
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 26, 2007
      Well, I got the key from RegSoft. And I entered it into the
      registration box. Everything worked fine.

      Guess what? 30 days later, it tells me my trial period is over. TRIAL
      PERIOD? I paid for the reg key! It never told me the registration key
      did not take! (Not sure why it's not working, I have the original email
      with the registration information and the key.) What is going on
      here????

      I have emailed RegSoft. Anyone else seeing this problem? The other
      apps I have (DXAtlas, BandMaster, HamCap) working fine. I found a
      because of an incorrect registration key. I always assume I am the
      cause of the problem, but it's a simple cut-and-paste operation.

      ARGH!

      * Anyone have the experience of thinking they registered Ionoprobe,
      when the key did not take and it was not until 30 days later that they
      made the discovery?
      * Anyone else have problems with their Ionoprobe registration key?

      Mark, WD4ELG

    • Greg
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 27, 2007
        Hi Mark...

        I have had a very simialr problem. I would guess that if you had
        previously downloaded and installed a "trial version" , it has left
        some sort of "cancellation" or "end of trial" file in the computers
        registry. Deleting the program and re-installing it as a new
        installation does NOT seem to remove or revise this anti-crack "demo
        registration" file, which is time sensitive to the very FIRST install
        date on that particular computer.

        Just for kicks, try installing it on a machine that you are SURE has
        NEVER had DX Atlas or IonoProbe trial versions installed.

        Regardless of having a good key, I think that previous "Windows
        Resitry" trial bug is the cause. I sent an E-mail to the developer a
        long itme ago about this, but never got a reply. I gave up with trying
        to get the paid version of IONO Probe to work and went to a different
        program...

        Note that anyone who may have installed the demo and never got the
        chance to use or run it, will NOT be able to EVER get a second demo
        download to work, I assume for the same reasons; a registry file that
        records the FIRST time you download/installed a demo on that computer.

        I am not very computer savvy, so my theory may be laughable..but you
        are not alone in experience this problem.

        73 es GL
        Greg

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "wd4elg_base" <mlunday@...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 27, 2007
          Hi Mark,

          I have generated the auto-registration files for you and sent them to the
          email address that you provided at the time of registration. These files
          write the registration keys directly to the Registry so that any
          copy-and-paste errors can be avoided.

          If the program is properly registered, the name of the registrant is shown
          on the caption of the About box, otherwise the number of trial days left is
          displayed.

          Please note that HamCap is freeware, it does not require registration.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 27, 2007
            Hi Greg,

            Please send me your full name, and I will generate an auto-registration file
            for you.

            You are correct in thinking that re-installation of the same version of
            IonoProbe does not give you another 30 trial days. However, every new
            version comes with its own trial period so that you can test the new
            functions in that version.

            The information about the trial period, expired or not, does not prevent you
            from registering the program.

            wrote:

            > Well, I got the key from RegSoft. And I entered it into the
            > registration box. Everything worked fine.>
            > Guess what? 30 days later, it tells me my trial period is over.
            TRIAL
            > PERIOD? What is going on
            > here????

          • Albert
            Message 5 of 5 , May 20 2:41 AM
              I am having the same problem. Alex can I please get a auto-registration file?

              Thank you very much.

              W9COX
              Albert