Re: [dxatlas] Some new user questions

  • RAYMOND BOLT
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 19, 2007
      Hi Alex
      Different question, my INOPROBE Ver 1.34 is working fine expect for the past few weeks the Auroral Activity has not been showing. Is there a problem with this side of the Server.

      73

      Raymond. MI0RUC
      mi0ruc@...
      "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@...> wrote:
      Hi Mark,

      HamCap is a front end to the VOACAP propagation prediction engine, all data
      that it displays actually come from that engine. The path type codes in
      VOACAP are a bit cryptic but fully documented. In particular, F2F2 means a
      multi-hop path with reflections from the F2 layer.

      The only logger known to integrate correctly with Band Master is AALog by
      RZ4AG. When the two programs work together, the status of the spots in BM is
      color-coded using information from the logger (new country, dupe, etc.). A
      click on the spot not only tunes the radio at the spot frequency but also
      populates the Callsign field in the logger, when you tune away from the
      spot, the Callsign field is cleared, etc. The best thing about this combo is
      that both programs have access to the CAT interface of the radio at the same
      time.

      Of course, in HamCap you have to specify the TX antenna at one end of the
      path and the RX antenna at the other end - unless you are trying to work
      yourself ;-)

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      --------------------------
      What an awesome set of tools! I love it!

      Some newbie questions:

      * What do the different propagation types indicate? f2f2, 3f1, etc.
      * How can I import an ADIF log file, or integrate with a logging
      program, so Band Master shows the spots I really need?
      * Should I use the same antennas (mine) for TX and RX under HAMCAP?
      Or should I assume that RX is the other ham with a better antenna?

    • Eric - VE3GSI
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 19, 2007
        Hi Raymond,

        I don't think Alex will mind if I jump in.
        Upgrade to the latest version, 1.35 addresses that issue.

        Eric - VE3GSI

      • RAYMOND BOLT
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 19, 2007
          Thanks Eric