Re: [dxatlas] DXAtlas/Hamcap - Vista

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2007
      Hi Larry,

      For some reason, Vista does not allow the program to write to the
      DxAtlas.ini file - perhaps you do not have sufficient privileges for that,
      or the file has a read-only attribute - e.g., it was copied from a CD. The
      solution is to ensure that DxAtlas is allowed to write to its own ini file.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2007
        Alex,

        Windows Vista does not allow a program to write to Program Files directory.
        If you look at the directory you will see Program Files and Program Data.
        The data directory is what is used now. It is part of Vista Security. If
        you force a program to write to a Program File directory, it will look like
        it does, but actually behind the scene, it writes to User directory, the
        logged on user, \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\program name.
        Have people tried running your program using the compatibility mode
        selecting XP? I am running IonoProbe and I have a folder
        Afreet\InonProbe\Data and also Text in the VirtualStore folders.
        MorseRunner is also there. These programs run fine for me. I hope this may
        help to shed some light on the problems people are having. My IonoProbe.ini
        file is in the IonoProbe VirtualStore area. Google VirtualStore and you
        will learn more.

        Good Luck and 73,

        John

        _____