Re: [dxatlas] DXAtlas/Hamcap - Vista

  • Geoff Anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2007
      Larry,

      The mistake you have made is to run Vista! ;-) Microshaft have totally
      re-invented the wheel and then put double padlocks on it.

      Try removing ALL the protective gizmos like UAC - OR - re-install dxatlas
      in a directory other than program files...or on another drive.

      73 de Geoff
      G3NPA
      Geoff.Anderson@...

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2007
        Hi Larry,

        For some reason, Vista does not allow the program to write to the
        DxAtlas.ini file - perhaps you do not have sufficient privileges for that,
        or the file has a read-only attribute - e.g., it was copied from a CD. The
        solution is to ensure that DxAtlas is allowed to write to its own ini file.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 30, 2007
          Alex,

          Windows Vista does not allow a program to write to Program Files directory.
          If you look at the directory you will see Program Files and Program Data.
          The data directory is what is used now. It is part of Vista Security. If
          you force a program to write to a Program File directory, it will look like
          it does, but actually behind the scene, it writes to User directory, the
          logged on user, \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\program name.
          Have people tried running your program using the compatibility mode
          selecting XP? I am running IonoProbe and I have a folder
          Afreet\InonProbe\Data and also Text in the VirtualStore folders.
          MorseRunner is also there. These programs run fine for me. I hope this may
          help to shed some light on the problems people are having. My IonoProbe.ini
          file is in the IonoProbe VirtualStore area. Google VirtualStore and you
          will learn more.

          Good Luck and 73,

          John

          _____