Ham Cap

  • L. Sica
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2004
      Is anyone else here absolutely in love with Ham Cap? Sweeet stuff.

      Some requests for some updates (pretty arrogant of me for a free program, I
      know)

      1) Prediction time intervals every half hour instead of every hour

      2) Ability to enter frequencies other than the 8 HF ham bands (for SWL's)

      3) Ability to enter power levels above 9999 (for SWL's again)

      4) Ability to either put in a dB adjustment factor or adjust the shade of
      colors to reflect different readability levels for different modes.

      And, yes, I know with a little calculation I can get the data I need for
      requests 3 and 4, and a little interpolation works for 1 and 2. But these
      features would be nice.

      73 de Lou AC0X
    • Mike Harris
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18, 2005
        I would like to be able to set the initial band coverage to calculate when
        starting Ham Cap. Maybe via bullets in the "Settings" window (there is
        still some room) or editing an .ini file. The default of 14 MHz is a bit
        of a pain if you seldom use the band, selecting another band in mid calc
        causes run time errors which require closing and restarting the app.

        Also wouldn't mind if the size was a little bigger, if not possible, then
        the ability to get DX Atlas itself to display the Pseudo map style would
        be useful.

        Finally, has anyone noticed the dashed great circle line in DX Atlas 2.25
        being slow to update when moving the mouse? It is on my Dell 700MHz P3
        (XP Pro) whereas no delay in v2.24 - it might just be my PC.

        Regards,

        Mike VP8NO
      • Mike Harris
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2008
          G'day,

          For the wish list; make the integrate with IonoProbe button on the
          settings tab sticky or have a check box to force its use or not.

          It has become a real pain to have to keep selecting it. Possibly
          the same for the integrate with DX Atlas button.

          Regards,

          Mike VP8NO