RE: [dxatlas] IonoProbe not downloading latest data

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007
      Steve,

      I've had this before and it took me some time to figure out what it was.

      .I use Norton Internet Security for my antivirus and firewall.and it was
      after an automatic firewall update when my problems started.

      Basically, I had a significant firewall update in which my firewall rules
      were reset to the original settings.in my case a very high setting.and so
      nothing was getting in or out.

      Solution.manually configure the firewall rule for Ionoprobe.

      I then noticed that several other programs were denied access to the
      Internet. I simply configured rules for those programs too.

      It's certainly worth a look.

      Best of luck

      Chris

      _____

      From: dxatlas_group@ <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxatlas_group@
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007
        Chris,

        Thanks for the tip.

        I have in fact reinstalled the application & it is now functioning correctly
        with data being downloaded in the normal manner.

        That would suggest that something else other than a firewall setting may
        have been the cause.

        Just as well as I see that minor geomagnetic storms are upon us !

        73s

        Steve

        GW4BKG

        _____