IonoProbe not downloading latest data

  • Stephen Emlyn-Jones
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007
      I am running a registered version of Ionoprobe 1.34 & when I started my PC
      this morning I noticed that the data has not updated.

      It is showing the last alerts as having been issued 12 hours ago & the next
      download due in 2147483647 minutes!

      Clicking on the download option just turns the clock to a green tick which
      indicates 0 downloads 0 errors.

      I have tried closing & restarting the application & rebooting my machine.

      The last reports are from the 28th January.

      Can anyone advise on this.

      Is there an interruption to the downloads or is it an issue with Ionoprobe
      itself.

      Many thanks

      Steve

      GW4BKG

    • James Streible
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007
        Steve,

        Mine just came up and downloaded as usual this morning. Last data was at
        1330Z 2007-01-29.

        73,

        Jim K4DLI

        Stephen Emlyn-Jones wrote:
        > I am running a registered version of Ionoprobe 1.34 & when I started my PC
        > this morning I noticed that the data has not updated.
        >
        > It is showing the last alerts as having been issued 12 hours ago & the next
        > download due in 2147483647 minutes!
        >
        > Clicking on the download option just turns the clock to a green tick which
        > indicates 0 downloads 0 errors.
        >
        > I have tried closing & restarting the application & rebooting my machine.
        >
        > The last reports are from the 28th January.
        >
        > Can anyone advise on this.
        >
        > Is there an interruption to the downloads or is it an issue with Ionoprobe
        > itself.
        >
        > Many thanks
        >
        > Steve
        >
        > GW4BKG

      • Stephen Emlyn-Jones
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007
          James,

          Thanks for the information.

          I think I had better reinstall the application as it looks as if something
          has got corrupted.

          73s

          Steve

          GW4BKG

          _____

          Stephen Emlyn-Jones wrote:
          > I am running a registered version of Ionoprobe 1.34 & when I started my PC
          > this morning I noticed that the data has not updated.
          >
          > It is showing the last alerts as having been issued 12 hours ago & the
          next
          > download due in 2147483647 minutes!
          >
          > Clicking on the download option just turns the clock to a green tick which
          > indicates 0 downloads 0 errors.
          >
          > I have tried closing & restarting the application & rebooting my machine.
          >
          > The last reports are from the 28th January.
          >
          > Can anyone advise on this.
          >
          > Is there an interruption to the downloads or is it an issue with Ionoprobe
          > itself.
          >
          > Many thanks
          >
          > Steve
          >
          > GW4BKG

        • Chris
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007
            Steve,

            I've had this before and it took me some time to figure out what it was.

            .I use Norton Internet Security for my antivirus and firewall.and it was
            after an automatic firewall update when my problems started.

            Basically, I had a significant firewall update in which my firewall rules
            were reset to the original settings.in my case a very high setting.and so
            nothing was getting in or out.

            Solution.manually configure the firewall rule for Ionoprobe.

            I then noticed that several other programs were denied access to the
            Internet. I simply configured rules for those programs too.

            It's certainly worth a look.

            Best of luck

            Chris

            _____

            From: dxatlas_group@ <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
            yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxatlas_group@

            Stephen Emlyn-Jones wrote:
            > I am running a registered version of Ionoprobe 1.34 & when I started my PC
            > this morning I noticed that the data has not updated.
            >
            > It is showing the last alerts as having been issued 12 hours ago & the
            next
            > download due in 2147483647 minutes!
            >
            > Clicking on the download option just turns the clock to a green tick which
            > indicates 0 downloads 0 errors.
            >
            > I have tried closing & restarting the application & rebooting my machine.
            >
            > The last reports are from the 28th January.
            >
            > Can anyone advise on this.
            >
            > Is there an interruption to the downloads or is it an issue with Ionoprobe
            > itself.
            >
            > Many thanks
            >
            > Steve
            >
            > GW4BKG

          • Stephen Emlyn-Jones
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 29, 2007
              Chris,

              Thanks for the tip.

              I have in fact reinstalled the application & it is now functioning correctly
              with data being downloaded in the normal manner.

              That would suggest that something else other than a firewall setting may
              have been the cause.

              Just as well as I see that minor geomagnetic storms are upon us !

              73s

              Steve

              GW4BKG

              _____