Re: [dxatlas] Annotate question.....new user

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 2007
      Hi David,

      The Annotate Pin command annotates pins, and the Annotate Square command
      adds notes to a grid square. There is no annotation command for CQ zones.
      The notes you add stay in the Annotate box and do not show up on the map. To
      view them, use the same Annotate command again.

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      Hi, I picked up DXAtlas recently and think its great. I'm having
      difficulty getting the "annotate" function to work - or else I'm
      mistaking what it should do.......

      With 'Active Labels' set on, I get the right click option
      for 'annotate' square or pin, and the window comes up etc.....but after
      I hit OK, nothing happens when I mouse over the pin or square.

      Also, is Annotate simply unavailable to the CQ grid map. Its greyed
      out on the right click with CQ grids displayed.

      Any help is much appreciated......thanks, David
    • ve3vid
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
        Thanks for the reply Alex......what should I expect from this
        annotate feature? Should the note appear over the pin/square when I
        pass the mouse over it?

        David

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
          Hi David,

          The annotation is available only in the Annotation dialog, to see the text
          you have to click on the Annotate command again. This function was not in
          the initial design, and I was able to implement it only in this partial form
          because there was no easy way to add new hints to the existing data
          structure..

          73 Alex VE3NEA

          Thanks for the reply Alex......what should I expect from this
          annotate feature? Should the note appear over the pin/square when I
          pass the mouse over it?

          David
        • David Gerrard
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
            Thanks Alex, good to know

            Another question......Y/N......is it possible to add cities to the "Cites"
            Label-overlay which are not currently on the map?

            David

            >From: "ve3vid" <VE3VID@...>
            >To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [dxatlas] Annotate question.....new user
            >Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:14:49 -0000
            >
            >Thanks for the reply Alex......what should I expect from this
            >annotate feature? Should the note appear over the pin/square when I
            >pass the mouse over it?
            >
            >David
            >

            >--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@...>
            >wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi David,
            > >
            > > The Annotate Pin command annotates pins, and the Annotate Square
            >command
            > > adds notes to a grid square. There is no annotation command for CQ
            >zones.
            > > The notes you add stay in the Annotate box and do not show up on
            >the map. To
            > > view them, use the same Annotate command again.
            > >
            > > 73 Alex VE3NEA
            > >

            > > Hi, I picked up DXAtlas recently and think its great. I'm having
            > > difficulty getting the "annotate" function to work - or else I'm
            > > mistaking what it should do.......
            > >
            > > With 'Active Labels' set on, I get the right click option
            > > for 'annotate' square or pin, and the window comes up etc.....but
            >after
            > > I hit OK, nothing happens when I mouse over the pin or square.
            > >
            > > Also, is Annotate simply unavailable to the CQ grid map. Its greyed
            > > out on the right click with CQ grids displayed.
            > >
            > > Any help is much appreciated......thanks, David
            > >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            Windows Live Spaces: share your New Year pictures!
            http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
              Hi David,

              You can add cities to City.lst using Notepad. The structure of the list file
              is described in the FileStru.txt document in the DX Atlas folder. You can
              even create multiple city lists and load the desired list via the File /
              Load menu command.

              73 Alex VE3NEA

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 4, 2007
                Outstanding, excellent!!!! Thanks for the help........
                dg

                >From: "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@...>
                >To: <dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: Re: [dxatlas] Annotate question.....new user
                >Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 09:19:25 -0500
                >
                >Hi David,
                >
                >You can add cities to City.lst using Notepad. The structure of the list
                >file
                >is described in the FileStru.txt document in the DX Atlas folder. You can
                >even create multiple city lists and load the desired list via the File /
                >Load menu command.
                >
                >73 Alex VE3NEA
                >

                >Thanks Alex, good to know
                >
                >Another question......Y/N......is it possible to add cities to the "Cites"
                >Label-overlay which are not currently on the map?
                >
                >David
                >

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

                Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live
                Spaces. http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA