Re: PREFIX.LST / Callsign parser

  • k0xb3
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2007
      I am sorry I can't help you with your question, but I wanted to say
      I think your idea to provide a map for visitors to your club station
      is an excellent idea. If possible, please make your progam available
      to others once you are satisfied with it. I'd like to do the same
      thing.

      73, Rick K0XB

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "la6vja" <la6vja@...> wrote:

      > Hi there,
      >

      > As we are currently setting up a club/contest station, one of our
      main
      > aims is to attract attention from the public. As a tool to
      achieving
      > this, great circle lines will be plotted on a map, between our QTH
      and
      > locations where we have made QSOs.
      >
      > I am almost done writing a small Delphi application to extract
      calls
      > from our logs, parse the prefixes and then extract the latitude &
      > longitude using the prefix lookup component from Alex' homepage
      before
      > plotting the GC lines in DX Atlas. I am, however, hitting my head
      > against a (hard) wall when it comes to resolving a number of
      > callsigns. Most of them can be easily resolved and located in DX
      Atlas
      > using the Ctrl+R function (and, yes, I am indeed using the same
      > PREFIX.LST file as DX Atlas itself), but a number of callsigns does
      > NOT resolve using the method provided in the CallParser component.
      Is
      > DX Atlas itself using a more sophisticated implementation than the
      one
      > shown in CallParser.pas?
      >

      > Examples...
      >
      > GW0VFF
      > YU50AAV
      > GW3MOP
      > YU1GU
      > YU1WD
      > YU1FG
      > YU1AAV
      > YU7FX
      > 9J2SZ
      > GW0NTX
      > 4N7WW
      > YU1AAV
      > UK8AAZ
      > GW4VEQ
      > YU1AAV
      > YU7ECD
      > YU1HG
      > YT1PT
      > YU1HO
      > YU1HO
      > YU1HQR
      > YU1HFG
      > GW3LDH
      > YU1AIE
      > YV5GPA
      > GW4HAT
      > YU1EXY
      > YU1HQR
      > GW0LYF
      > CX6ABZ
      > Z22JE
      > GW0GHF
      > MW0CVT
      > GW4TJQ
      > MW0MWL
      > MW5VZW
      > GW0KZF
      > GW4IIL
      > GW3KJW
      > 9M2/JI1ETU
      > CX3LC
      > YY5OIE
      > YY5OIE
      > VE6RC/P/VO1
      > GW0THP/MM
      > YU1QT
      > GW0OUV
      > 4N1KW
      > UK8OAU
      > ZA/P/Z35M
      > YU7AOP
      > MW3ANI
      > SX2A/26
      > YT0TESLA
      > YU1XA
      > YT0TESLA
      > YZ150AA
      > YU150AU
      > YU7AFC
      > YU150AU
      > YT150YT
      > YT150Z
      > YU150AU
      > CX5BW
      > 4N4BB
      > 4O2NT
      > YT5A
      > 9J2CA
      > A47RS/34
      > 4N1856T
      > YT60W

    • la6vja
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2007
        Although my application still has its flaws, it does (mainly) what it
        is supposed to do; please have a look at http://www.bitwrap.no/dxplot

        73 de LA6VJA

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "k0xb3" <k0xb@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > and
        > > locations where we have made QSOs.
        > >
        > > I am almost done writing a small Delphi application to extract
        > calls
        > > from our logs, parse the prefixes and then extract the latitude &
        > > longitude using the prefix lookup component from Alex' homepage
        > before
        > > plotting the GC lines in DX Atlas. I am, however, hitting my head
        > > against a (hard) wall when it comes to resolving a number of
        > > callsigns. Most of them can be easily resolved and located in DX
        > Atlas
        > > using the Ctrl+R function (and, yes, I am indeed using the same
        > > PREFIX.LST file as DX Atlas itself), but a number of callsigns does
        > > NOT resolve using the method provided in the CallParser component.
        > Is
        > > DX Atlas itself using a more sophisticated implementation than the

      • k0xb3
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25, 2007
          Thank you for making your software available. It works very well!