PREFIX.LST / Callsign parser

  • la6vja
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2007
      Hi there,

      As we are currently setting up a club/contest station, one of our main
      aims is to attract attention from the public. As a tool to achieving
      this, great circle lines will be plotted on a map, between our QTH and
      locations where we have made QSOs.

      I am almost done writing a small Delphi application to extract calls
      from our logs, parse the prefixes and then extract the latitude &
      longitude using the prefix lookup component from Alex' homepage before
      plotting the GC lines in DX Atlas. I am, however, hitting my head
      against a (hard) wall when it comes to resolving a number of
      callsigns. Most of them can be easily resolved and located in DX Atlas
      using the Ctrl+R function (and, yes, I am indeed using the same
      PREFIX.LST file as DX Atlas itself), but a number of callsigns does
      NOT resolve using the method provided in the CallParser component. Is
      DX Atlas itself using a more sophisticated implementation than the one
      shown in CallParser.pas?

      Examples...

      GW0VFF
      YU50AAV
      GW3MOP
      YU1GU
      YU1WD
      YU1FG
      YU1AAV
      YU7FX
      9J2SZ
      GW0NTX
      4N7WW
      YU1AAV
      UK8AAZ
      GW4VEQ
      YU1AAV
      YU7ECD
      YU1HG
      YT1PT
      YU1HO
      YU1HO
      YU1HQR
      YU1HFG
      GW3LDH
      YU1AIE
      YV5GPA
      GW4HAT
      YU1EXY
      YU1HQR
      GW0LYF
      CX6ABZ
      Z22JE
      GW0GHF
      MW0CVT
      GW4TJQ
      MW0MWL
      MW5VZW
      GW0KZF
      GW4IIL
      GW3KJW
      9M2/JI1ETU
      CX3LC
      YY5OIE
      YY5OIE
      VE6RC/P/VO1
      GW0THP/MM
      YU1QT
      GW0OUV
      4N1KW
      UK8OAU
      ZA/P/Z35M
      YU7AOP
      MW3ANI
      SX2A/26
      YT0TESLA
      YU1XA
      YT0TESLA
      YZ150AA
      YU150AU
      YU7AFC
      YU150AU
      YT150YT
      YT150Z
      YU150AU
      CX5BW
      4N4BB
      4O2NT
      YT5A
      9J2CA
      A47RS/34
      4N1856T
      YT60W
    • k0xb3
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 23, 2007
        I am sorry I can't help you with your question, but I wanted to say
        I think your idea to provide a map for visitors to your club station
        is an excellent idea. If possible, please make your progam available
        to others once you are satisfied with it. I'd like to do the same
        thing.

        73, Rick K0XB

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "la6vja" <la6vja@...> wrote:

> [...]
        and
        > locations where we have made QSOs.
        >
        > I am almost done writing a small Delphi application to extract
        calls
        > from our logs, parse the prefixes and then extract the latitude &
        > longitude using the prefix lookup component from Alex' homepage
        before
        > plotting the GC lines in DX Atlas. I am, however, hitting my head
        > against a (hard) wall when it comes to resolving a number of
        > callsigns. Most of them can be easily resolved and located in DX
        Atlas
        > using the Ctrl+R function (and, yes, I am indeed using the same
        > PREFIX.LST file as DX Atlas itself), but a number of callsigns does
        > NOT resolve using the method provided in the CallParser component.
        Is
        > DX Atlas itself using a more sophisticated implementation than the

      • la6vja
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2007
          Although my application still has its flaws, it does (mainly) what it
          is supposed to do; please have a look at http://www.bitwrap.no/dxplot

          73 de LA6VJA

          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "k0xb3" <k0xb@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > and
          > > locations where we have made QSOs.
          > >
          > > I am almost done writing a small Delphi application to extract
          > calls
          > > from our logs, parse the prefixes and then extract the latitude &
          > > longitude using the prefix lookup component from Alex' homepage
          > before
          > > plotting the GC lines in DX Atlas. I am, however, hitting my head
          > > against a (hard) wall when it comes to resolving a number of
          > > callsigns. Most of them can be easily resolved and located in DX
          > Atlas
          > > using the Ctrl+R function (and, yes, I am indeed using the same
          > > PREFIX.LST file as DX Atlas itself), but a number of callsigns does
          > > NOT resolve using the method provided in the CallParser component.
          > Is
          > > DX Atlas itself using a more sophisticated implementation than the

        • k0xb3
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 25, 2007
            Thank you for making your software available. It works very well!