Re: [dxatlas] Logging software

  • Leandro Sucet
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 21, 2006
      Check WINLOG32, it is FREE and Colin offer good support and there is a forum that works straight with him. It is builded in TELNET/WLNET/WOTA/RIG CONTROL and much,much,much more. Give it a look and you see.

      Regards Leandro AD5XL
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 21, 2006
        Cecil, check out LOGic 8. There is a DEMO available for download and it does
        anything you could want and more.
        It interfaces with DX Atlas, TRX Manager and MixW as well.

        Personal Database Applications website: http://www.hosenose.com/radio/

        73,
        George K3GV
        Moderator LOGic Reflector
        DX: Long may it live !

        If it isn't LOGic, then it isn't LOGging

        All Outgoing E-Mail Has Been Scanned By Norton AntiVirus 2005

        >I have a logging program question for the group...a little off topic but
        > related. I am using the full DX Atlas suite of software and like the way
        > it
        > works but want to add a DX logging package to my station that will keep up
        > with all DX contacts as an electronic log book of sorts. I need it to
        > track
        > worked and confirmed countries, states, zones, continents etc...for the
        > awards programs. I don't want to duplicate functionality that already
        > exists within the DX Atlas suite for fear of decreasing it's
        > functionality.
        >
        > What is recommended? I do much more DXing than contesting. I have picked
        > up WriteLog for any contesting endeavors but plan to run it on my Laptop
        > from where ever I may be working a contest. I can run two PC's networked
        > if
        > necessary but would like to run just one with maybe two displays with DX
        > Atlas on one and the logging program on the other.
        >
        > Just brainstorming right now before I make a purchase decision on another
        > software package.
        >
        > I'm running two Yaesu transceivers with plans for one on SSB/CW and the
        > other dedicated to RTTY/PSK/Faros. I also have a rotor control box with a
        > computer interface to use once I get the tower up. I'm using MMTTY and
        > Digipan. I have one PC that's 1.2 Ghz AMD and another that is a 400 Mhz
        > Pentium. I have two flat panel displays and broadband connectivity to one
        > of the PC's.
        >
        > Just need to figure out the best way to tie it all together.
        >
        > Any suggestions please respond to me direct....
        >
        > Thanks...
        >
        > Cecil Acuff
        > K5DL
        > chacuff@...
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Gary Hinson
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 21, 2006
          Hi Cecil.

          Good timing: I am about to re-start a comparative evaluation of logging
          programs over the Christmas break.

          The evaluation project started from a casual comment on the CDXC Forum and,
          so far, we have figured out a reasonably systematic and rigorous evaluation
          process and prepared a list of logging software to evaluate. Our aim is to
          be as objective as possible.

          The process revolves around an Excel spreadsheet containing all the criteria
          we could think of and a weighting/scoring process that will hopefully give
          us the answers we seek. Best of all, it allows for group participation in
          the evaluation (taking advantage of the knowledge of those who actually use
          the logging programs day-to-day), and yet individuals can take their own
          copies of the spreadsheet to mess around with the criteria, scores and
          weightings if they have particular requirements not already covered in the
          generic one or if they disagree with the scores given by other hams.

          Given my own interests and those of other CDXC [Chiltern DX Club] members,
          this evaluation will be biased towards general purpose HF logging programs -
          not contest or VHF logs specifically although we might tackle those too,
          later.

          The blank spreadsheet is already available on my website www.g4ifb.com but
          the real work starts over Xmas when we start the evaluation proper and I'll
          be updating the spreadsheet frequently as the scores and comments come in.

          73,
          Gary (now ZL2iFB)