Re: [dxatlas] Re: Ham Cap Question

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 20, 2006
      Hi Cecil,

      Click on the Download / Old Data command in the IonoProbe menu to ensure
      that the program has enough daily SSN data and can compute the smoothed SSN
      required for HamCap.

      Alex

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 21, 2006
        Hi Alex,

        Did the download old data and it locked right in. Didn't think to try
        that...thanks. The SSN block turned green and showed a SSN of 25...sounds a
        little high compared to what others report but it must have picked that up
        from IonProbe so I'll go with that!

        Managed to work the VU7 this morning at 13:58 on 20M right about the time
        HamCap said would be the window. 100 watts and a Carolina Windom at 45
        feet. Radio is still amazing!

        Loudest I have heard them here....about S-2 with a quiet band!

        Thanks again & Merry Christmas...

        Cecil
        K5DL