Re: [dxatlas] Re: Ham Cap Question

  • James Streible
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 20, 2006
      Cecil,

      That is strange. When I click on the IonoProbe box both the SSN and the
      Kp windows change to green and the numbers change to the current SSN and Kp.

      Maybe a reinstall of the program would get things right.

      Jim K4DLI

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 20, 2006
        Hi Cecil,

        Click on the Download / Old Data command in the IonoProbe menu to ensure
        that the program has enough daily SSN data and can compute the smoothed SSN
        required for HamCap.

        Alex

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 21, 2006
          Hi Alex,

          Did the download old data and it locked right in. Didn't think to try
          that...thanks. The SSN block turned green and showed a SSN of 25...sounds a
          little high compared to what others report but it must have picked that up
          from IonProbe so I'll go with that!

          Managed to work the VU7 this morning at 13:58 on 20M right about the time
          HamCap said would be the window. 100 watts and a Carolina Windom at 45
          feet. Radio is still amazing!

          Loudest I have heard them here....about S-2 with a quiet band!

          Thanks again & Merry Christmas...

          Cecil
          K5DL