Re: Path line inaccurate

  • Chuck R
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
      -Greetings "Alex, VE3NEA"

      Of course DXAtlas would not know the contact path. I should have
      been smart enough to figure that out. I am using DXKeeper, the
      logging program that is part of the DXLab suite of software. Thanks
      much for steering me in a different direction.

      Chuck Richards
      WD0HQY
      73

      -- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Chuck,
      >
      > DX Atlas knows nothing about your contacts and cannot show your
      paths. It
      > must be some other program that plots the path on the Atlas map,
      such as
      > your logger or cluster monitor. It is that program that defines
      the path
      > geometry. Which program are you using with DX Atlas?
      >
      > 73 Alex VE3NEA
      >

      > Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere but I did a search
      and
      > really couldn't find an answer.
      >
      > I have set my home location using both the grid square designation
      and
      > also the actual lon. and lat. numbers. The icon looks like it is in
      > the correct location. However when I make a contact the Path Line
      > originates from a different location, one that appears to be the
      first
      > base location for the grid square. For example my grid square is
      > EN37su and the path line seems to originate at EN37aa. Perhaps this
      > is normal but if I can set things for a more accurate portrayal I
      > would like to do that. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly
      > appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Chuck Richards
      > WD0HQY
      > 73

    • Chuck R
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
        Greetings "Alex, VE3NEA"

        The situation has been resolved. I went into the logging program
        and found two different spots where my home QTH was inaccurate or
        only partially correct. When I corrected those the path line is
        very accurate. Thanks again Alex for pointing me in the right
        direction!

        Chuck Richards, WD0HQY
        73

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck R" <cmrichards1@...>