Re: [dxatlas] Path line inaccurate

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2006
      Hi Chuck,

      DX Atlas knows nothing about your contacts and cannot show your paths. It
      must be some other program that plots the path on the Atlas map, such as
      your logger or cluster monitor. It is that program that defines the path
      geometry. Which program are you using with DX Atlas?

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere but I did a search and
      really couldn't find an answer.

      I have set my home location using both the grid square designation and
      also the actual lon. and lat. numbers. The icon looks like it is in
      the correct location. However when I make a contact the Path Line
      originates from a different location, one that appears to be the first
      base location for the grid square. For example my grid square is
      EN37su and the path line seems to originate at EN37aa. Perhaps this
      is normal but if I can set things for a more accurate portrayal I
      would like to do that. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly
      appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Chuck Richards
      WD0HQY
      73
    • Chuck R
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
        -Greetings "Alex, VE3NEA"

        Of course DXAtlas would not know the contact path. I should have
        been smart enough to figure that out. I am using DXKeeper, the
        logging program that is part of the DXLab suite of software. Thanks
        much for steering me in a different direction.

        Chuck Richards
        WD0HQY
        73

        -- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Chuck,
        >
        > DX Atlas knows nothing about your contacts and cannot show your
        paths. It
        > must be some other program that plots the path on the Atlas map,
        such as
        > your logger or cluster monitor. It is that program that defines
        the path
        > geometry. Which program are you using with DX Atlas?
        >
        > 73 Alex VE3NEA
        >

        > Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere but I did a search
        and
        > really couldn't find an answer.
        >
        > I have set my home location using both the grid square designation
        and
        > also the actual lon. and lat. numbers. The icon looks like it is in
        > the correct location. However when I make a contact the Path Line
        > originates from a different location, one that appears to be the
        first
        > base location for the grid square. For example my grid square is
        > EN37su and the path line seems to originate at EN37aa. Perhaps this
        > is normal but if I can set things for a more accurate portrayal I
        > would like to do that. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly
        > appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Chuck Richards
        > WD0HQY
        > 73

      • Chuck R
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
          Greetings "Alex, VE3NEA"

          The situation has been resolved. I went into the logging program
          and found two different spots where my home QTH was inaccurate or
          only partially correct. When I corrected those the path line is
          very accurate. Thanks again Alex for pointing me in the right
          direction!

          Chuck Richards, WD0HQY
          73

          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck R" <cmrichards1@...>