Faros suggestion :)

  • kc0rdg
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2006
      It just struck me when going into the map tab that it seemed kinda
      plain just having the stations there.

      Is there a way to integrate Ionoprobe data into the 'Map' section of
      Faros? Or maybe incorporate the HamCap abilities into Faros? Or put
      the Faros stations list in DX Atlas?

      This is just a suggestion, Great work Alex on all your software!

      73 de KC0RDG
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2008
        Hi Barry,

        The Beacon.lst file that comes with Faros does not have a header required in
        the DX Atlas files. To make the beacon list compatible with DX Atlas, you
        can add these three lines at the top of the file:

        #--------------------------------------
        #InternalUse|Longitude|Latitude|+Beacon

        Please see FileStru.txt in the DxAtlas folder for details.

        Alex,

        When I load beacon.lst in place of the island list, the map only shows
        15 of the 18 beacons in the list. Beacons not shown on the map follow:
        02|-13314|7335|4U1UN
        02|-15471|14397|VE8AT
        02|-21942|6687|W6WX
        Why aren't these K/VE beacons shown on the map?

        73, Barry K4CZ