DX Atlas only Displays SNR

  • George
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2006
      When my cursor scrolls over the map in DX Atlas only the SNR is
      displayed on the display bar. How do I get it to display the MUF?

      73, George k3GV
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2006
        Hi George,

        The MUF is available only in HamCap.

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2006
          Hello George,

          On the 'Bar' immediately above the map you should have a bunch of icons for
          Labels, Grids all the way over to the slider that changes the map size. On
          the 5th icon there is a drop down arrow, you can make your selections there.

          GL Eric.

            From: Alex, VE3NEA

            Hi George,

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 5, 2006
              Oops!
              It seems my Ham Cap was disconnected when I checked.......
              Sorry Guys.

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 5, 2006
                Hi Eric,

                MUF3000 available via the ionospheric menu in DX Atlas is not the same as
                MUF. MUF is a characteristic of a path, it is caclulated in HamCap using the
                Home Location as a path start. MUF3000 is a characteristic of a single point
                under the mouse cursor, it is the MUF of a hypothetical 3000-km path that
                has the point in question as its midpoint.

                Please note that, as far as dxing/contesting is concerned, the SNR is the
                only parameter that matters. All other values predicted or modeled by DX
                Atlas and HamCap are useful only for understanding the propagation
                mechanisms.

                73 Alex VE3NEA

                -----------
                Hi Alex,
                I seem to have a MUF selection with the Ionospheric and Geomagnetic Icon. Am
                I missing something in George's question?
                Or am I miss interrupting the use of the program?
                Eric.
              • George Vincent
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 5, 2006
                  Alex, when I use the globe or azmuthal view and my cursor is not in the
                  actual map the display bar shows MUF. What is this MUF in reference to? It
                  keeps changing until I once again locate the cursor over the map and then it
                  goes back to SNR.

                  What I would really like to know is the MUF for a given spot on the map. I
                  do understand how to get this from HamCap, but it would be nice if this was
                  available in DX Atlas when all the programs (DX Atlas, HamCap, and
                  Ionoscope) are integrated.

                  73, George K3GV