Re: faros lockups

  • Kevin der Kinderen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2006
      I'm in the same boat. I just downloaded it, set it up with omnirig
      and it was working fine. I quit it, stared again and now I'm having
      problems.

      I'm getting two error boxes:

      1)Faros 1.1 Division by zero

      2)Faros 1.1 An outgoing call cannot be made since the application is
      dispatching an input-synchronous call.

      I uninstalled and reinstalled both omnirig and faros with no luck.
      Running Verify and Client and things are looking OK to me.

      Kevin K4VD

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "vk2srn" <vk2srn@...> wrote:

      > i have just purchased Faros and i am having trouble with it locking
      up
      > after about 30 seconds each time it is started and restarted. all
      other
      > software for cat control is functioning with the same settings. i
      have
      > tried different settings but no change in problem.
      > i am using a ft-847 57600 8 n 2 2.4 gHz 1.0 gB ram and Faros is
      only
      > programme running. btw bandmaster and omnirig work no problems, any
      > ideas?
      > 73 Steve VK2SRN

    • Kevin der Kinderen
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2006
        Hmmm, may have solved it. I started up MixW and found that my audio
        was running much too hot. I backed it down low, quit MixW and started
        Faros... no errors so far.

        I'll keep testing. Very strange that too much audio causes a divide
        by zero error. I had thought that the two errors mentioned might be
        related to CAT errors.

        I forgot to mention, my CAT light flashes on the FT1K MP MkV Field
        even when the error boxes come up.

        73,
        Kevin K4VD

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin der Kinderen"