faros lockups

  • vk2srn
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2006
      i have just purchased Faros and i am having trouble with it locking up
      after about 30 seconds each time it is started and restarted. all other
      software for cat control is functioning with the same settings. i have
      tried different settings but no change in problem.
      i am using a ft-847 57600 8 n 2 2.4 gHz 1.0 gB ram and Faros is only
      programme running. btw bandmaster and omnirig work no problems, any
      ideas?
      73 Steve VK2SRN
    • Kevin der Kinderen
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2006
        I'm in the same boat. I just downloaded it, set it up with omnirig
        and it was working fine. I quit it, stared again and now I'm having
        problems.

        I'm getting two error boxes:

        1)Faros 1.1 Division by zero

        2)Faros 1.1 An outgoing call cannot be made since the application is
        dispatching an input-synchronous call.

        I uninstalled and reinstalled both omnirig and faros with no luck.
        Running Verify and Client and things are looking OK to me.

        Kevin K4VD

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "vk2srn" <vk2srn@...> wrote:

        > i have just purchased Faros and i am having trouble with it locking
        up
        > after about 30 seconds each time it is started and restarted. all
        other
        > software for cat control is functioning with the same settings. i
        have
        > tried different settings but no change in problem.
        > i am using a ft-847 57600 8 n 2 2.4 gHz 1.0 gB ram and Faros is
        only
        > programme running. btw bandmaster and omnirig work no problems, any
        > ideas?
        > 73 Steve VK2SRN

      • Kevin der Kinderen
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2006
          Hmmm, may have solved it. I started up MixW and found that my audio
          was running much too hot. I backed it down low, quit MixW and started
          Faros... no errors so far.

          I'll keep testing. Very strange that too much audio causes a divide
          by zero error. I had thought that the two errors mentioned might be
          related to CAT errors.

          I forgot to mention, my CAT light flashes on the FT1K MP MkV Field
          even when the error boxes come up.

          73,
          Kevin K4VD

          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin der Kinderen"