RE: [dxatlas] IonoProbe 1.3 - No solar data

  • Eric - VE3GSI
    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2006
      Hi Max.
      Do you uninstall Internet Explorer, (version 5 or above) at the time your
      problems started? I don't think you have to use the browser, just have it
      installed. Also, check with Alex but I don't think the Beta version 7 of
      I.E. will with IonoProbe.

      I have seen no problems with the data at my QTH. For an experiment you could
      also see if you can connect to various websites that IonoProbe goes to. The
      addresses are found in the 'schedule.ini' file of the program.

      Not sure if it matters with this programme, is you time and date correct?

      GL - Eric

      Message 2 of 7 , May 30, 2006
        Hi Eric,

        You are correct, IE7 Beta has some kind of incompatibility that makes all
        downloads in IonoProbe fail. I am not sure if this is a bug in the beta or
        if they have changed the COM interface of the browser. I will try and solve
        the problem when the final version of IE7 is released.

        You are also right about the date, time, and the time zone on the PC. If one
        of these settings is incorrect, IonoProbe may discard downloaded data,
        thinking that the indices are too old.

        73 Alex VE3NEA

        > Hi Max.
        > Do you uninstall Internet Explorer, (version 5 or above) at the time your
        > problems started? I don't think you have to use the browser, just have it
        > installed. Also, check with Alex but I don't think the Beta version 7 of
        > I.E. will with IonoProbe.
        >
        > I have seen no problems with the data at my QTH. For an experiment you
        > could
        > also see if you can connect to various websites that IonoProbe goes to.
        > The
        > addresses are found in the 'schedule.ini' file of the program.
        >
        > Not sure if it matters with this programme, is you time and date correct?
        >
        > GL - Eric
      • Max Wild
        Message 3 of 7 , May 30, 2006
          Hi ALL,

          many thanks for the hint with IE7b2 which I installed last weekend. I
          deinstalled it and the problem is gone. IonoProbe 1.3 is getting data
          again!
          Thanks again and keep up the good work!

          73, Max. DK1MAX.