Re: [dxatlas] IonoProbe 1.3 - No solar data

  • LEANDRO SUCET
    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2006
      I recommend delete the program and reinstall it again. Maybe you have some file missing in your computer for some reason. This is just an ideal that you can try and see wha.

      73 Leandro KD5WPL

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com<mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com>, AA0OI <aa0oi@...> wrote:

      > Hi Max:
      > Just checked and mine is there!!!
      >
      > Garrett
      > AA0OI
      >
      > Max Wild <dk1max@...> wrote: Hi,
      >
      > since May 25th, abt 6z, my IonoProbe 1.3 does not receive solar data
      > anymore. It did for many months. It suddenly stopped and downloading
      > manually doesn't work either. Anyone expreiencing the same? Any help?
      >
      > 73, Max. DK1MAX.

      > Ham radio
      antenna Ham radio sales
      Ham radio repeaters
      Ham radio outlet
      Ham radio store

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > Garrett / AA0OI

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Eric - VE3GSI
      Message 2 of 7 , May 30, 2006
        Hi Max.
        Do you uninstall Internet Explorer, (version 5 or above) at the time your
        problems started? I don't think you have to use the browser, just have it
        installed. Also, check with Alex but I don't think the Beta version 7 of
        I.E. will with IonoProbe.

        I have seen no problems with the data at my QTH. For an experiment you could
        also see if you can connect to various websites that IonoProbe goes to. The
        addresses are found in the 'schedule.ini' file of the program.

        Not sure if it matters with this programme, is you time and date correct?

        GL - Eric

        thanks for checking. I installed Ionoprobe 1.3 again and also checked XP
        firewall settings, but... no data.

        73, Max. DK1MAX.

        Message 3 of 7 , May 30, 2006
          Hi Eric,

          You are correct, IE7 Beta has some kind of incompatibility that makes all
          downloads in IonoProbe fail. I am not sure if this is a bug in the beta or
          if they have changed the COM interface of the browser. I will try and solve
          the problem when the final version of IE7 is released.

          You are also right about the date, time, and the time zone on the PC. If one
          of these settings is incorrect, IonoProbe may discard downloaded data,
          thinking that the indices are too old.

          73 Alex VE3NEA

          > Hi Max.
          > Do you uninstall Internet Explorer, (version 5 or above) at the time your
          > problems started? I don't think you have to use the browser, just have it
          > installed. Also, check with Alex but I don't think the Beta version 7 of
          > I.E. will with IonoProbe.
          >
          > I have seen no problems with the data at my QTH. For an experiment you
          > could
          > also see if you can connect to various websites that IonoProbe goes to.
          > The
          > addresses are found in the 'schedule.ini' file of the program.
          >
          > Not sure if it matters with this programme, is you time and date correct?
          >
          > GL - Eric
        • Max Wild
          Message 4 of 7 , May 30, 2006
            Hi ALL,

            many thanks for the hint with IE7b2 which I installed last weekend. I
            deinstalled it and the problem is gone. IonoProbe 1.3 is getting data
            again!
            Thanks again and keep up the good work!

            73, Max. DK1MAX.