IonoProbe 1.3 - No solar data

  • Max Wild
    Message 1 of 7 , May 29 7:25 AM
      Hi,

      since May 25th, abt 6z, my IonoProbe 1.3 does not receive solar data
      anymore. It did for many months. It suddenly stopped and downloading
      manually doesn't work either. Anyone expreiencing the same? Any help?

      73, Max. DK1MAX.
    • AA0OI
      Message 2 of 7 , May 29 6:43 PM
        Hi Max:
        Just checked and mine is there!!!

        Garrett
        AA0OI

        Max Wild <dk1max@...> wrote: Hi,

        since May 25th, abt 6z, my IonoProbe 1.3 does not receive solar data
        anymore. It did for many months. It suddenly stopped and downloading
        manually doesn't work either. Anyone expreiencing the same? Any help?

        73, Max. DK1MAX.

        Ham radio antenna Ham radio sales Ham radio repeaters Ham radio outlet Ham radio store

        ---------------------------------

        Garrett / AA0OI

      • Max Wild
        Message 3 of 7 , May 30 10:07 AM
          Hi Garrett,

          thanks for checking. I installed Ionoprobe 1.3 again and also checked
          XP firewall settings, but... no data.

          73, Max. DK1MAX.

          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, AA0OI <aa0oi@...> wrote:

          > Hi Max:
          > Just checked and mine is there!!!
          >
          > Garrett
          > AA0OI
          >
          > Max Wild <dk1max@...> wrote: Hi,
          >
          > since May 25th, abt 6z, my IonoProbe 1.3 does not receive solar data
          > anymore. It did for many months. It suddenly stopped and downloading
          > manually doesn't work either. Anyone expreiencing the same? Any help?
          >
          > 73, Max. DK1MAX.

          > Ham radio
          antenna Ham radio sales
          Ham radio repeaters
          Ham radio outlet
          Ham radio store

          Service.

          > ---------------------------------
          >

          > Garrett / AA0OI

        • LEANDRO SUCET
          Message 4 of 7 , May 30 10:17 AM
            I recommend delete the program and reinstall it again. Maybe you have some file missing in your computer for some reason. This is just an ideal that you can try and see wha.

            73 Leandro KD5WPL

            --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com<mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com>, AA0OI <aa0oi@...> wrote:

            > Hi Max:
            > Just checked and mine is there!!!
            >
            > Garrett
            > AA0OI
            >
            > Max Wild <dk1max@...> wrote: Hi,
            >
            > since May 25th, abt 6z, my IonoProbe 1.3 does not receive solar data
            > anymore. It did for many months. It suddenly stopped and downloading
            > manually doesn't work either. Anyone expreiencing the same? Any help?
            >
            > 73, Max. DK1MAX.

            > Ham radio
            antenna Ham radio sales
            Ham radio repeaters
            Ham radio outlet
            Ham radio store

            Service.

            > ---------------------------------
            >

            > Garrett / AA0OI

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Eric - VE3GSI
            Message 5 of 7 , May 30 10:50 AM
              Hi Max.
              Do you uninstall Internet Explorer, (version 5 or above) at the time your
              problems started? I don't think you have to use the browser, just have it
              installed. Also, check with Alex but I don't think the Beta version 7 of
              I.E. will with IonoProbe.

              I have seen no problems with the data at my QTH. For an experiment you could
              also see if you can connect to various websites that IonoProbe goes to. The
              addresses are found in the 'schedule.ini' file of the program.

              Not sure if it matters with this programme, is you time and date correct?

              GL - Eric

              Message 6 of 7 , May 30 11:02 AM
                Hi Eric,

                You are correct, IE7 Beta has some kind of incompatibility that makes all
                downloads in IonoProbe fail. I am not sure if this is a bug in the beta or
                if they have changed the COM interface of the browser. I will try and solve
                the problem when the final version of IE7 is released.

                You are also right about the date, time, and the time zone on the PC. If one
                of these settings is incorrect, IonoProbe may discard downloaded data,
                thinking that the indices are too old.

                73 Alex VE3NEA

                > Hi Max.
                > Do you uninstall Internet Explorer, (version 5 or above) at the time your
                > problems started? I don't think you have to use the browser, just have it
                > installed. Also, check with Alex but I don't think the Beta version 7 of
                > I.E. will with IonoProbe.
                >
                > I have seen no problems with the data at my QTH. For an experiment you
                > could
                > also see if you can connect to various websites that IonoProbe goes to.
                > The
                > addresses are found in the 'schedule.ini' file of the program.
                >
                > Not sure if it matters with this programme, is you time and date correct?
                >
                > GL - Eric
              • Max Wild
                Message 7 of 7 , May 30 10:44 PM
                  Hi ALL,

                  many thanks for the hint with IE7b2 which I installed last weekend. I
                  deinstalled it and the problem is gone. IonoProbe 1.3 is getting data
                  again!
                  Thanks again and keep up the good work!

                  73, Max. DK1MAX.