New software: Faros

  • Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 6:12 PM
      I have just released Faros, my new automatic NCDXF beacon monitor.

      Features:

      - continuously monitors 18 NCDXF beacons on five bands;
      - automatically detects the presence of the beacon signals, even in
      QRM and noise;
      - measures the signal-to-noise ratio, the QSB index, and the
      propagation delay of the signal;
      - automatically identifies long path openings based on the signal
      delay;
      - has a real-time display of band conditions;
      - maintains a long-term history of beacon observations;
      - generates signal charts at regular intervals in a form suitable for
      Web publishing;
      - generates observation logs optimized for automatic analysis.

      Faros is available at http://www.dxatlas.com/Faros