Re: [dxatlas] Ionoprobe spike in SSN?

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
      Hi Pete,

      You are absolutely correct. One of the recently added ionosonde stations
      puts the value of 9999.99 in the SSN column of its report once in a while,
      and this screws up the calculations of Effective SSN. I have written the
      code that detects and removes such errors, it will be included in the next
      update of IonoProbe.

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      > Yes - if you put Ionoprobe in Week mode you can see two in the last week -
      > January 31 and Feb 5, both at the same time of day (late) and both lasting
      > about the same time. Other parameters do not show it, so it must be some
      > sort of anomaly in the SSN data source or the handling of it.
      >
      > 73, Pete N4ZR
      >

      > At 03:39 AM 2/6/2006, you wrote:
      >>It's a minor point, but it's been puzzling me - is anyone else seeing
      >>Ionoprobe reporting a big spike in SSN every few days lasting a couple
      >>of hours? shows it jumping from the current near-zero to more than 200!
      >>I checked with another solar stats program and that did not show
      >>anything around that time.
      >>
      >>Martin (G8FXC)
      >>

      >>Yahoo! Groups Links
      >>

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Eric - VE3GSI
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
        Hi Gang,

        Like Martin and Peter I was also wondering what was happening with SSN,
        thanks for the information Alex.
        Do any of you fellows know of a popular radio propagation reflector that
        caters only to the needs of the 'Ham'?

        73 Eric VE3GSI.