RE: [dxatlas] MAMPORT, OMNIRIG, and Ham Radio Deluxe using Virtual Com Port

  • Michael G. Carper
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26, 2011
      I'm not doing that. I'm doing something similar.

      I'm using a microKEYER II and the "Device Router" that comes with it (which
      virtualizes the COM ports). I never could get the VCOM app to work
      (overly-complex, in my opinion). So I have one COM port dedicated to apps
      that support OmniRig. and another COM port for HRD.

      That said.

      I'm working on writing an "OmniRig Server" app that will enable you to
      direct the HRD Logbook to OmniRig - rather than the HRD rig control (which,
      in my opinion, has very little utility beyond connecting Logbook to the
      radio).

      When OmniRig Server is done, I'll let everyone know.

      Mike, WA9PIE

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27, 2011
        Hi Mike

        Thanks for the info and I hope you keep me on your DIRECT mail list. dan-schaaf@...

        I use AALog which is linked to Bandmaster and other programs and I want to continue doing that.
        But I want rig control also from HRD only for the purpose of avoiding the Menu system in the radio by using the HRD screen interface for button control such as SPLIT, VFO A/B ets etc.

        I surely wish that Bandmaster author had a rig control interfcae similar to HRD but I do not expect that to happen. If there was another Omni Rig type interfcae similar to HRD I would use it since Omnirig allows multiple apps to control the rig on one port.

        Dan Schaaf

        K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
        Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
        NOBSKA www.nobska.net