Re: [dxatlas] MAMPORT, OMNIRIG, and Ham Radio Deluxe using Virtual Com Port

  • Dan Schaaf
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26, 2011
      Is anyone using HRD and the VCOM feature in HRD Tools for virtual port operation in order to have 2 different applications such as HRD and Omnirig ( bandmaster / Hamport ) controlling the radio at the same time?

      I have tried to get it working with no success.

      Dan

      Dan Schaaf

    • Michael G. Carper
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 26, 2011
        I'm not doing that. I'm doing something similar.

        I'm using a microKEYER II and the "Device Router" that comes with it (which
        virtualizes the COM ports). I never could get the VCOM app to work
        (overly-complex, in my opinion). So I have one COM port dedicated to apps
        that support OmniRig. and another COM port for HRD.

        That said.

        I'm working on writing an "OmniRig Server" app that will enable you to
        direct the HRD Logbook to OmniRig - rather than the HRD rig control (which,
        in my opinion, has very little utility beyond connecting Logbook to the
        radio).

        When OmniRig Server is done, I'll let everyone know.

        Mike, WA9PIE

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 27, 2011
          Hi Mike

          Thanks for the info and I hope you keep me on your DIRECT mail list. dan-schaaf@...

          I use AALog which is linked to Bandmaster and other programs and I want to continue doing that.
          But I want rig control also from HRD only for the purpose of avoiding the Menu system in the radio by using the HRD screen interface for button control such as SPLIT, VFO A/B ets etc.

          I surely wish that Bandmaster author had a rig control interfcae similar to HRD but I do not expect that to happen. If there was another Omni Rig type interfcae similar to HRD I would use it since Omnirig allows multiple apps to control the rig on one port.

          Dan Schaaf

          K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
          Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
          NOBSKA www.nobska.net