ToyNTP 1.1

  • ALEX
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2011
      ToyNTP 1.1 is now available. This version includes UTC offset correction.

      73 Alex VE3NEA
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2011
        Hi Alex.

        Many thanks for this tool.

        I'm testing it by running it in parallel with a GPS diciplined NTP server
        as a comparison. I'll let you know what I find.

        It can indeed be used happily on the same PC that is used to run Faros,
        so makes a nice "one box" solution. At present, here that's my test
        machine, a P4 1.8G machine running Windows 2000 (and a whole host of
        other app's that run 24/7!)

        Also, there are several PPS capable GPS receivers out there, the older
        Garmin GPS16's are suitable too.

        As a simple GPS driven SNTP source for other purposes, it works well
        enough. Nice job Alex, well done.

        For anyone who wants to run Faros, and cant get an internet based NTP
        service to work well (if at all) or is running it /portable, this is a
        supurb tool.

        I suspect it will also find use with the MS, WSPR and other esoteric mode
        guys, who need better accuracy time referencing than you can get from
        just a free running PC.

        Best Regards.

        Dave G0WBX.