Re: [dxatlas] New software: Toy NTP

  • Philip Gladstone
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2011
      Alex

      I am also working on a very similar project -- also using the same GPS
      receiver -- but using a guruplug (a $100 linux box) to run the ntp software.

      Of course, you have something working, and I have a concept.

      Philip

      On 3/24/2011 7:13 PM, ALEX wrote:
      > I have just released ToyNtp, a simple GPS-controlled time server that
      > can be used as a time reference for Faros if the time servers on the
      > Internet are not available. ToyNtp is freeware, it is available at
      > (http://dxatlas.com/toyntp/).

      Philip Gladstone
      Ham: N1DQ
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 24, 2011
        Thank you, Alex. Nice work. I have a Magellan 315 and it -says- it can give
        PPS via serial so I'm going to try it. This takes care of a lot of issues I
        think. At least, I hope!

        Dave
        KA0SWT

        _____

        On 3/24/2011 7:13 PM, ALEX wrote:
        > I have just released ToyNtp, a simple GPS-controlled time server that
        > can be used as a time reference for Faros if the time servers on the
        > Internet are not available. ToyNtp is freeware, it is available at
        > (http://dxatlas.com/toyntp/).

        Philip Gladstone
        Ham: N1DQ

        _____