New software: Toy NTP

  • ALEX
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2011
      I have just released ToyNtp, a simple GPS-controlled time server that can be used as a time reference for Faros if the time servers on the Internet are not available. ToyNtp is freeware, it is available at (http://dxatlas.com/toyntp/).

      73 Alex VE3NEA
    • Philip Gladstone
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 24, 2011
        Alex

        I am also working on a very similar project -- also using the same GPS
        receiver -- but using a guruplug (a $100 linux box) to run the ntp software.

        Of course, you have something working, and I have a concept.

        Philip

        On 3/24/2011 7:13 PM, ALEX wrote:
        > I have just released ToyNtp, a simple GPS-controlled time server that
        > can be used as a time reference for Faros if the time servers on the
        > Internet are not available. ToyNtp is freeware, it is available at
        > (http://dxatlas.com/toyntp/).

        Philip Gladstone
        Ham: N1DQ
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 24, 2011
          Thank you, Alex. Nice work. I have a Magellan 315 and it -says- it can give
          PPS via serial so I'm going to try it. This takes care of a lot of issues I
          think. At least, I hope!

          Dave
          KA0SWT

          _____

          On 3/24/2011 7:13 PM, ALEX wrote:
          > I have just released ToyNtp, a simple GPS-controlled time server that
          > can be used as a time reference for Faros if the time servers on the
          > Internet are not available. ToyNtp is freeware, it is available at
          > (http://dxatlas.com/toyntp/).

          Philip Gladstone
          Ham: N1DQ

          _____