OmniRig using wine

  • benny226518
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2011
      Good Evening,
      I'm trying to use OmniRig with VK Contest Logger to gather freq and mode info from an Icom IC-706IIG.
      I initially used Version 1.1 without success (Rig not responding) however 1.12 was a little more promising.
      When I "configure" from VKCL and select "Start OmniRig", I get the setup dialog and the info is read from the radio and displayed in VKCL.
      Once I'm back in the VKCL program, changes to the radio are not reflected in VKCL until I "stop" and then "start" OmniRig.
      I'm using a RigExpert between my laptop and radio with the CI-V port at /dev/ttyUSB0. This is symlinked to COM1 which is what OmniRig is using.
      When OmniRig is invoked, the LEDs on RigExpert that indicate CI-V activity flash once.
      When I use FLDIGI, they flash continually.
      It's as if OmniRig is not polling the radio.
      Anyone got this working using wine??
      Advice appreciated.