IonoProbe. Since upgrade no download.

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2011
      Hi everybody,

      Since upgrading IonoProbe to 1.38 the auto-download takes forever. In fact it doesn't seem to D/L at all. It shows the "Downloading data..." icon in the bottom right corner indefinitely. When I cancel the D/L it shows the green tick, in spite of the fact that no new data is downloaded.

      Any body else has this? I'm on Win XP pro SP3

      Rob PA3CNT
    • F6HBW
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2011
        Hi Rob,

        I have the same configuration but all is ok with the new version.

        JM F6HBW

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2011
          Thanks for replying.

          I've reinstalled v 1.38 (first uninstalled it) and it still doesn't operate. It's
          a bit different though: it pretends to have downloaded, but when I hover over the green tick,
          it says "0 downloads, 0 errors".

          After a while the clock icon appears, and when I hover over that I get a balloon
          stating that it takes a couple million minutes for the next d/L.

          All the time the graphs and report fields stay empty. I've deleted the IonoProbe
          associated files in Application Data, restarted, but same.

          Checked firewall settings: IonoProbe is there and has no restrictions.

          When I start IonoProbe from whithin HamCap, it seems to project real time data,
          but that only seems to be.

          See if I can find previous version, because that worked fine AFAIK.

          Bye for now,

          Rob, PA3CNT

          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "F6HBW" <f6hbw@...> wrote:

          > Hi Rob,
          >

          > I have the same configuration but all is ok with the new version.
          >
          > JM F6HBW
          >

          > _____

        • Rob
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2011
            Now I've uninstalled v 1.38 and reinstalled 1.36. It downloaded some, but not all data. 4 of 21 failed.
            But at least I got a bit of IonoProbe back to work with.

            Bye for now

            Rob, PA3CNT