Faros unexpected crash when DM780 is open

  • Sean
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2011
      I am experiencing something strange with Faros.

      On it's own, Faros runs fine BUT if I have, say DM780 (the multimode digital decoder) open and then try to open Faros, the PC immediately shows the BSOD and reboots before I have chance to do anything.

      This is obviously something to do with the sound card as I do not have CAT enabled.

      I can run DM780 with any other program that uses the soundcard, such as JT65-HF, WSJT, MulitPSK, MixW, Spectran etc. without a problem, however when I start Faros the system crashes.

      I presume this is something to do with the way Faros utilizes the soundcard. I haven't been able to try it with the other software as yet to see if I get the same problem as with DM780.

      The reason that this is a problem is that I sometimes wish to run both programs together (I run DM780 and JT65-HF together all the time). I don't run Faros that often, but it would be nice to be able to run both together as I sometimes forget to shut down DM780 first.

      I am using Vista 32 bit with a Creative Live! 24 bit USB sound device.

      I wonder if anyone else has come across this, or whether I have managed to get the only combination of hardware and software that doesn't get on!

      73, Sean G4UCJ (registered Faros user)