Band Master 1.51

  • Alex VE3NEA
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2011
      I have just released v.1.51 of Band Master. This is a maintenance release, it
      fixes the bug that was causing the program to die silently shortly after the
      start on some systems.

      Many thanks to Mike WA9PIE who has made this fix possible. The error has never
      occurred on my own system, and the only way to debug it was to send my debug
      builds to Mike and let him run them. Mike tested over a dozen of builds in the
      last few days until the problem was fixed.

      This release should also fix the installation problem reported by several
      people, like inability of the installer to replace the old exe with the new one,
      OleError (that occurred because the old exe was still in place), etc.

      73 Alex VE3NEA
    • Registered User
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2011
        On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 13:47:21 -0500, Alex VE3NEA wrote:

        >I have just released v.1.51 of Band Master. This is a maintenance release, it
        >fixes the bug that was causing the program to die silently shortly after the
        >start on some systems.
        >
        >Many thanks to Mike WA9PIE who has made this fix possible. The error has never
        >occurred on my own system, and the only way to debug it was to send my debug
        >builds to Mike and let him run them. Mike tested over a dozen of builds in the
        >last few days until the problem was fixed.
        >
        >This release should also fix the installation problem reported by several
        >people, like inability of the installer to replace the old exe with the new one,
        >OleError (that occurred because the old exe was still in place), etc.

        Everything appears to work FB on my 32-bit W7 machine. The only issue
        I've found is Bandmaster no longer has a registration menu item.

        73 de n4jvp
        Fritz
      • Michael G. Carper
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2011
          I just want to thank Alex for working with me on this. Since I got BM back
          on my system, I've already "worked a new one" that I wouldn't have pulled
          in, if not for BM.

          I strongly encourage folks to support Alex. I work with other developers,
          but Alex really cares about his products and about making sure that you all
          continue to enjoy them.

          Thanks, Alex!

          Mike, WA9PIE