Re: [dxatlas] Bandmaster 1.5

  • Alex VE3NEA
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2011
      Thank you for info, Bert. I have received similar reports from a few other
      users. Until I find out why the executable replacement fails, I recommend to all
      users to uninstall the old version of Band Master before installing the new one.

      From: Bert - W0RSB

      On my XP Pro SP3 system, I found that installing BandMaster over an
      existing older version didn't replace the old executable, even though
      neither BandMaster nor OminRig were active.

      I had to manually uninstall the older version before getting the
      updated version to take.

      I didn't think it worth commenting on, but I see others are having
      the same problem.
    • Lorenzo IK0HFO
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2011
        Dear Alex
        i sent u my report about the problem with 1.5....
        i had 1.44 that was working very well....i seen 1.5 on web site ....i
        thought "now i upgrade!!" ....
        i removed from my pc old version (as usually) and install as
        administrator (win 7 ultimate my S.O.)
        installation procedure finished....i seen read.me file....and seen on
        systray the band master icon
        ....for a few seconds ....after ...nothing .....the program not run not
        start ....
        This is the story .... (for the group i wrote u also direct)
        is it possible to have older version (1.44) ???
        i think it it better for me and others with same or similar problems ...
        do u mean??
        Regards
        Lorenzo
        IK0HFO