Re: [dxatlas] Re: Band Master 1.5 - Exception on install

    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
      I am using Win 7 Pro 64 bit and seem to have had no problem with
      installation. It was a clean install as I did not have the program
      installed previously. I have not yet attempted to alter any of the
      set-up but the defaults appear to be working fine.

      Bruce, K2BET
      ----

      On 2/5/2011 11:24 AM, ae9k_dan wrote:

      > Installing on Windows 7, 64-bit, I get:
      >
      > Exception
      > EOIRegistrationError in module BandMaster.exe at 00080D27
      > Error creating system registry entry
      >
      > I am installing as an administrative user. I tried running setup.exe
      > normally and with 'Run as administrator'. Both produce the same result.
      >
      > The install doesn't complete and Band Master 1.44, which I was
      > installing over, is left in tact.

    • Alex VE3NEA
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
        Dear ae9k_dan,

        It looks like Band Master 1.44 was running when you installed 1.5. The installer
        was unable to replace the executable, and you still have v.1.44 on your system.
        Close Band Master and run the installer again.

        Alex

        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
          Alex… any thoughts about what was happening with my install on Win7/64 (installs, but won’t run)?

          Mike, WA9PIE

          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
            Hi Mike,

            All I can tell from your debug info is that the error occurs in NTDLL.DLL, a
            Windows system dll. I know this is not very useful, sorry.

            Alex

            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
              Perfect!

              Thanks.

              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 6, 2011
                I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over the previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I then tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of the install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                Create Process failed: code740
                The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it I again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running it as administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I uninstalled my working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.

                Bob G1BCZ

                --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Michael G. Carper" <mike@...> wrote:

                > Perfect!
                >

                > Thanks.

              • ae9k_dan
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 6, 2011
                  Hi Alex,

                  No, Band Master 1.44 was not running. Even if it were, the issue wasn't that executables couldn't be replaced. It was that a system registry entry couldn't be created.

                  I monitored the installation with Process Monitor and didn't see any registry activity that was denied.

                  The install finished ok only after uninstalling Band Master 1.44 first.

                  Thanks

                  Dan
                  AE9K
                • Bob G1BCZ
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 6, 2011
                    Further to my last post
                    Delving into my archives, I have worked through the versions of Bandmaster and finaly got to ver 1.3 which runs on Win 7 with no problem, so long as it is installed as Administrator, and first run as Administrator. I don't know if this is any help Alex.
                    Bob G1BCZ

                    --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Bob G1BCZ" <bobsj.williams@...> wrote:

                    > I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over the previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I then tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of the install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                    > Create Process failed: code740
                    > The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it I again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running it as administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I uninstalled my working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.
                    >
                    > Bob G1BCZ
                    >
                    > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Michael G. Carper" <mike@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Perfect!
                    > >

                    > > Thanks.

                  • Michael G. Carper
                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 6, 2011
                      How can I get my hands on 1.3?

                      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com> , "Bob G1BCZ" <bobsj.williams@...> wrote:

                      > I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over the previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I then tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of the install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                      > Create Process failed: code740
                      > The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it I again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running it as administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I uninstalled my working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.
                      >
                      > Bob G1BCZ
                      >
                      > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com> , "Michael G. Carper" <mike@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Perfect!
                      > >

                      > > Thanks.

                    • Alex VE3NEA
                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 6, 2011
                        Dear Bob, Dan, and Mike.

                        With your problem reports mixed in one conversation thread, I am totally
                        confused about who is experiencing what. May I ask each of you to please send me
                        a direct email with a complete description of the problem, I will then do my
                        best to help you.

                        While we are at it, let me remind to all customers that I provide support via
                        email. This forum is only for user-to-user communication, not for support
                        requests.

                        If you are experiencing problems installing Band Master on Windows 7 or Vista,
                        then, before you contact me, please do the following.

                        1. Uninstall the previous version of BM, if any.
                        2. Go to the BM directory and manually delete all remaining files.
                        3. Download a fresh copy of the installer.
                        4. Open the Readme file accompanying the installer and make sure that what you
                        have is indeed version is 1.5, not an older version from your browser's download
                        cache.
                        5. If you have any real-time anti-virus software, you may have to temporarily
                        disable it. I am not aware of any such software interfering with Band Master,
                        but Comodo Internet Security that was installed on my system prevented CW
                        Skimmer from starting, and a certain version of AVira anti-virus software did
                        not allow Rocky and CW Skimmer to list the available soundcards. The anti-virus
                        products like these inject dll's in other processes, intercept system calls and
                        do many other things that may affect the behaviour of other programs.
                        6. Log in under the same account under which you intend to use the program.
                        7. Make sure that BM, OmniRig and any software that uses OmniRig are not
                        running.
                        8. Run the installer. If, after doing all this, you still get error messages,
                        let me know, and please provide all available details.

                        --- In mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com, "Bob G1BCZ" <bobsj.williams@...>
                        wrote:

                        > I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over the
                        > previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I then
                        > tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of the
                        > install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                        > Create Process failed: code740
                        > The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it I
                        > again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running it as
                        > administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I uninstalled my
                        > working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.
                        >
                        > Bob G1BCZ
                        >
                        > --- In mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com, "Michael G. Carper" <mike@>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Perfect!
                        > >

                        > > Thanks.

                      • Mark Robinson
                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 9, 2011
                          I am running 1.3 here...let me know if you need the files

                          Mark N1UK

                          wrote:

                          > I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over
                          > the previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I
                          > then tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of
                          > the install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                          > Create Process failed: code740
                          > The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it
                          > I again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running
                          > it as administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I
                          > uninstalled my working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.
                          >
                          > Bob G1BCZ
                          >
                          > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
                          > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com> , "Michael G. Carper" <mike@>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Perfect!
                          > >

                          > > Thanks.
                          > >

                          > > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

                        • Michael G. Carper
                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 9, 2011
                            I was working with Alex tonight and he may have discovered something. Standby for an update from Alex over the next few days.

                            Mike, WA9PIE

                            wrote:

                            > I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over
                            > the previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I
                            > then tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of
                            > the install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                            > Create Process failed: code740
                            > The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it
                            > I again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running
                            > it as administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I
                            > uninstalled my working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.
                            >
                            > Bob G1BCZ
                            >
                            > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
                            > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com> , "Michael G. Carper" <mike@>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Perfect!
                            > >

                            > > Thanks.
                            > >

                            > > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>

                          • ve2xk
                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 11, 2011
                              Hi,

                              I just update to version 1.5 and i find out that i'm no more able to see any 17M band spot.
                              My filter is OFF

                              Any idea what can happen ?

                              Thanks & 73's

                              VE2XK
                            • ve2xk
                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 11, 2011
                                I try to install the version 1.44 and have the same problem too.
                                Nothing from 17m appear and i'm not able to select more cluster on the list and save them too.
                                Curious !!

                                --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "ve2xk" <sandlake@...> wrote:

                                > Hi,
                                >
                                > I just update to version 1.5 and i find out that i'm no more able to see any 17M band spot.
                                > My filter is OFF
                                >
                                > Any idea what can happen ?
                                >
                                > Thanks & 73's
                                >
                                > VE2XK

                              • Alex VE3NEA
                                Message 15 of 23 , Feb 11, 2011
                                  Dear VE2XK,

                                  When I received your posting, I checked the spot list and could not see any 17M
                                  spots. Moreover, only one 15M spot appeared on the list. A few minutes later 3
                                  stations were spotted on 17M, but the 15M spot expired. At this level of solar
                                  activity, it is not uncommon to see no spots on a particular higher band from
                                  time to time. Please watch your spot list for a while and let me know if you
                                  still think there is a software-related problem.

                                  I am not sure what you mean by selecting "more cluster". If you want to select
                                  more than two Telnet servers at a time, then this cannot be done. I have
                                  received angry messages from the server administrators demanding that I do not
                                  allow connection to multiple clusters in my software, and I set a limit of 2
                                  concurrent connections.

                                  Please send your further correspondence to my direct email.