Re: [dxatlas] Band Master 1.5

  • Registered User
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 2, 2011
      On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:10:47 -0500, "Alex, VE3NEA" wrote:

      >"doesn't run " - can you provide any details?

      Here's the event log details from a W7 Enterprise (32-bit) system

      http://www.subdevo.com/images/w7_eventlog_bandmaster_error_entry.png

      73 de n4jvp
      Fritz
    • Michael G. Carper
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 2, 2011
        I didn't do a screen shot, but here's the log file dump of the two events I
        have there. Again, this looks very similar to the errors that I saw with
        1.4.

        Mike, WA9PIE

        Log Name: Application

        Source: Windows Error Reporting

        Date: 2/2/2011 5:48:00 PM

        Event ID: 1001

        Task Category: None

        Level: Information

        User: N/A

        Computer: mcarper-PC7

        Fault bucket 1689217237, type 5

        Event Name: BEX

        Response: Not available

        Cab Id: 0

        Problem signature:

        P1: BandMaster.exe

        P2: 1.5.0.261

        P3: 2a425e19

        P4: BandMaster.exe

        P5: 1.5.0.261

        P6: 2a425e19

        P7: 00001000

        P8: c0000005

        P9: 00000008

        P10:

        Attached files:

        C:\Users\mcarper\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC387.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

        These files may be available here:

        C:\Users\mcarper\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_
        BandMaster.exe_4bb336c3de861ee43a0807c27454c6f1aea7f_4a16cde3

        Analysis symbol:

        Rechecking for solution: 0

        Report Id: 7a23a4b2-2f1e-11e0-89ae-002564e9b50f

        Report Status: 0

        Event Xml:

        <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

        <System>

        <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />

        <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>

        <Level>4</Level>

        <Task>0</Task>

        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

        <EventRecordID>11460</EventRecordID>

        <Channel>Application</Channel>

        <Computer>mcarper-PC7</Computer>

        <Security />

        </System>

        <EventData>

        <Data>1689217237</Data>

        <Data>5</Data>

        <Data>BEX</Data>

        <Data>Not available</Data>

        <Data>0</Data>

        <Data>BandMaster.exe</Data>

        <Data>1.5.0.261</Data>

        <Data>2a425e19</Data>

        <Data>BandMaster.exe</Data>

        <Data>1.5.0.261</Data>

        <Data>2a425e19</Data>

        <Data>00001000</Data>

        <Data>c0000005</Data>

        <Data>00000008</Data>

        <Data>

        </Data>

        <Data>

        C:\Users\mcarper\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC387.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml</Dat
        a>

        <Data>C:\Users\mcarper\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\App
        Crash_BandMaster.exe_4bb336c3de861ee43a0807c27454c6f1aea7f_4a16cde3</Data>

        <Data>

        </Data>

        <Data>0</Data>

        <Data>7a23a4b2-2f1e-11e0-89ae-002564e9b50f</Data>

        <Data>0</Data>

        </EventData>

        </Event>

        Log Name: Application

        Source: Application Error

        Date: 2/2/2011 5:47:57 PM

        Event ID: 1000

        Task Category: (100)

        Level: Error

        User: N/A

        Computer: mcarper-PC7

        Faulting application name: BandMaster.exe, version: 1.5.0.261, time stamp:
        0x2a425e19

        Faulting module name: BandMaster.exe, version: 1.5.0.261, time stamp:
        0x2a425e19

        Exception code: 0xc0000005

        Fault offset: 0x00001000

        Faulting process id: 0x2328

        Faulting application start time: 0x01cbc32b3c5996aa

        Faulting application path: C:\Program Files
        (x86)\Afreet\BandMaster\BandMaster.exe

        Faulting module path: C:\Program Files
        (x86)\Afreet\BandMaster\BandMaster.exe

        Report Id: 7a23a4b2-2f1e-11e0-89ae-002564e9b50f

        Event Xml:

        <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

        <System>

        <Provider Name="Application Error" />

        <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

        <Level>2</Level>

        <Task>100</Task>

        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

        <EventRecordID>11459</EventRecordID>

        <Channel>Application</Channel>

        <Computer>mcarper-PC7</Computer>

        <Security />

        </System>

        <EventData>

        <Data>BandMaster.exe</Data>

        <Data>1.5.0.261</Data>

        <Data>2a425e19</Data>

        <Data>BandMaster.exe</Data>

        <Data>1.5.0.261</Data>

        <Data>2a425e19</Data>

        <Data>c0000005</Data>

        <Data>00001000</Data>

        <Data>2328</Data>

        <Data>01cbc32b3c5996aa</Data>

        <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Afreet\BandMaster\BandMaster.exe</Data>

        <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Afreet\BandMaster\BandMaster.exe</Data>

        <Data>7a23a4b2-2f1e-11e0-89ae-002564e9b50f</Data>

        </EventData>

        </Event>

        On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:10:47 -0500, "Alex, VE3NEA" wrote:

        >"doesn't run " - can you provide any details?

        Here's the event log details from a W7 Enterprise (32-bit) system

        http://www.subdevo.com/images/w7_eventlog_bandmaster_error_entry.png

        73 de n4jvp
        Fritz

      • ae9k_dan
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
          Installing on Windows 7, 64-bit, I get:

          Exception
          EOIRegistrationError in module BandMaster.exe at 00080D27
          Error creating system registry entry

          I am installing as an administrative user. I tried running setup.exe normally and with 'Run as administrator'. Both produce the same result.

          The install doesn't complete and Band Master 1.44, which I was installing over, is left in tact.
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
            I am using Win 7 Pro 64 bit and seem to have had no problem with
            installation. It was a clean install as I did not have the program
            installed previously. I have not yet attempted to alter any of the
            set-up but the defaults appear to be working fine.

            Bruce, K2BET
            ----

            On 2/5/2011 11:24 AM, ae9k_dan wrote:

            > Installing on Windows 7, 64-bit, I get:
            >
            > Exception
            > EOIRegistrationError in module BandMaster.exe at 00080D27
            > Error creating system registry entry
            >
            > I am installing as an administrative user. I tried running setup.exe
            > normally and with 'Run as administrator'. Both produce the same result.
            >
            > The install doesn't complete and Band Master 1.44, which I was
            > installing over, is left in tact.

          • Alex VE3NEA
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
              Dear ae9k_dan,

              It looks like Band Master 1.44 was running when you installed 1.5. The installer
              was unable to replace the executable, and you still have v.1.44 on your system.
              Close Band Master and run the installer again.

              Alex

              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
                Alex… any thoughts about what was happening with my install on Win7/64 (installs, but won’t run)?

                Mike, WA9PIE

                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
                  Hi Mike,

                  All I can tell from your debug info is that the error occurs in NTDLL.DLL, a
                  Windows system dll. I know this is not very useful, sorry.

                  Alex

                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
                    Perfect!

                    Thanks.

                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 6, 2011
                      I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over the previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I then tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of the install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                      Create Process failed: code740
                      The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it I again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running it as administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I uninstalled my working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.

                      Bob G1BCZ

                      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Michael G. Carper" <mike@...> wrote:

                      > Perfect!
                      >

                      > Thanks.

                    • ae9k_dan
                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 6, 2011
                        Hi Alex,

                        No, Band Master 1.44 was not running. Even if it were, the issue wasn't that executables couldn't be replaced. It was that a system registry entry couldn't be created.

                        I monitored the installation with Process Monitor and didn't see any registry activity that was denied.

                        The install finished ok only after uninstalling Band Master 1.44 first.

                        Thanks

                        Dan
                        AE9K
                      • Bob G1BCZ
                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 6, 2011
                          Further to my last post
                          Delving into my archives, I have worked through the versions of Bandmaster and finaly got to ver 1.3 which runs on Win 7 with no problem, so long as it is installed as Administrator, and first run as Administrator. I don't know if this is any help Alex.
                          Bob G1BCZ

                          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Bob G1BCZ" <bobsj.williams@...> wrote:

                          > I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over the previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I then tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of the install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                          > Create Process failed: code740
                          > The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it I again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running it as administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I uninstalled my working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.
                          >
                          > Bob G1BCZ
                          >
                          > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Michael G. Carper" <mike@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Perfect!
                          > >

                          > > Thanks.

                        • Michael G. Carper
                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 6, 2011
                            How can I get my hands on 1.3?

                            --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com> , "Bob G1BCZ" <bobsj.williams@...> wrote:

                            > I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over the previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I then tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of the install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                            > Create Process failed: code740
                            > The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it I again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running it as administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I uninstalled my working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.
                            >
                            > Bob G1BCZ
                            >
                            > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com> , "Michael G. Carper" <mike@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Perfect!
                            > >

                            > > Thanks.

                          • Alex VE3NEA
                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 6, 2011
                              Dear Bob, Dan, and Mike.

                              With your problem reports mixed in one conversation thread, I am totally
                              confused about who is experiencing what. May I ask each of you to please send me
                              a direct email with a complete description of the problem, I will then do my
                              best to help you.

                              While we are at it, let me remind to all customers that I provide support via
                              email. This forum is only for user-to-user communication, not for support
                              requests.

                              If you are experiencing problems installing Band Master on Windows 7 or Vista,
                              then, before you contact me, please do the following.

                              1. Uninstall the previous version of BM, if any.
                              2. Go to the BM directory and manually delete all remaining files.
                              3. Download a fresh copy of the installer.
                              4. Open the Readme file accompanying the installer and make sure that what you
                              have is indeed version is 1.5, not an older version from your browser's download
                              cache.
                              5. If you have any real-time anti-virus software, you may have to temporarily
                              disable it. I am not aware of any such software interfering with Band Master,
                              but Comodo Internet Security that was installed on my system prevented CW
                              Skimmer from starting, and a certain version of AVira anti-virus software did
                              not allow Rocky and CW Skimmer to list the available soundcards. The anti-virus
                              products like these inject dll's in other processes, intercept system calls and
                              do many other things that may affect the behaviour of other programs.
                              6. Log in under the same account under which you intend to use the program.
                              7. Make sure that BM, OmniRig and any software that uses OmniRig are not
                              running.
                              8. Run the installer. If, after doing all this, you still get error messages,
                              let me know, and please provide all available details.

                              --- In mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com, "Bob G1BCZ" <bobsj.williams@...>
                              wrote:

                              > I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over the
                              > previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I then
                              > tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of the
                              > install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                              > Create Process failed: code740
                              > The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it I
                              > again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running it as
                              > administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I uninstalled my
                              > working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.
                              >
                              > Bob G1BCZ
                              >
                              > --- In mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com, "Michael G. Carper" <mike@>
                              > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Perfect!
                              > >

                              > > Thanks.

                            • Mark Robinson
                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 9, 2011
                                I am running 1.3 here...let me know if you need the files

                                Mark N1UK

                                wrote:

                                > I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over
                                > the previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I
                                > then tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of
                                > the install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                                > Create Process failed: code740
                                > The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it
                                > I again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running
                                > it as administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I
                                > uninstalled my working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.
                                >
                                > Bob G1BCZ
                                >
                                > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
                                > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com> , "Michael G. Carper" <mike@>
                                > wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Perfect!
                                > >

                                > > Thanks.
                                > >

                                > > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

                              • Michael G. Carper
                                Message 15 of 23 , Feb 9, 2011
                                  I was working with Alex tonight and he may have discovered something. Standby for an update from Alex over the next few days.

                                  Mike, WA9PIE

                                  wrote:

                                  > I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over
                                  > the previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I
                                  > then tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of
                                  > the install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                                  > Create Process failed: code740
                                  > The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it
                                  > I again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running
                                  > it as administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I
                                  > uninstalled my working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.
                                  >
                                  > Bob G1BCZ
                                  >
                                  > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
                                  > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com> , "Michael G. Carper" <mike@>
                                  > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Perfect!
                                  > >

                                  > > Thanks.
                                  > >

                                  > > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>

                                • ve2xk
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Feb 11, 2011
                                    Hi,

                                    I just update to version 1.5 and i find out that i'm no more able to see any 17M band spot.
                                    My filter is OFF

                                    Any idea what can happen ?

                                    Thanks & 73's

                                    VE2XK
                                  • ve2xk
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Feb 11, 2011
                                      I try to install the version 1.44 and have the same problem too.
                                      Nothing from 17m appear and i'm not able to select more cluster on the list and save them too.
                                      Curious !!

                                      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "ve2xk" <sandlake@...> wrote:

                                      > Hi,
                                      >
                                      > I just update to version 1.5 and i find out that i'm no more able to see any 17M band spot.
                                      > My filter is OFF
                                      >
                                      > Any idea what can happen ?
                                      >
                                      > Thanks & 73's
                                      >
                                      > VE2XK

                                    • Alex VE3NEA
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Feb 11, 2011
                                        Dear VE2XK,

                                        When I received your posting, I checked the spot list and could not see any 17M
                                        spots. Moreover, only one 15M spot appeared on the list. A few minutes later 3
                                        stations were spotted on 17M, but the 15M spot expired. At this level of solar
                                        activity, it is not uncommon to see no spots on a particular higher band from
                                        time to time. Please watch your spot list for a while and let me know if you
                                        still think there is a software-related problem.

                                        I am not sure what you mean by selecting "more cluster". If you want to select
                                        more than two Telnet servers at a time, then this cannot be done. I have
                                        received angry messages from the server administrators demanding that I do not
                                        allow connection to multiple clusters in my software, and I set a limit of 2
                                        concurrent connections.

                                        Please send your further correspondence to my direct email.