BandMaster 1.5 and split operation

  • Bert - W0RSB
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2011
      Ten-Tec Omni VII
      BandMaster 1.5
      Windows XP Pro SP3

      Clicking the "Split" symbol in the band map places my rig in split mode
      but does not set any kind of "TX offset" as mentioned in the help file.

      Manually changing VFO-B, RIT or XIT doesn't show anything in the "TX/RX frequency offset" display either.

      Clicking on the call of a station operating in split mode doesn't do
      anything at all, not even setting the receive frequency.

      Is this a problem with the OmniRig ini file for the Omni VII, or
      something else?
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2011
        Hi Bert,

        I have looked at the OmniVII ini file and did not find any commands that
        specify which VFO will be used for RX and TX. Without these commands, the
        radio cannot be properly set up for the split mode even thought the Split
        function can be enabled.

        Alex

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2011
          Thanks; I thought it might be something like that.

          I've downloaded the specs for the OmniRig ini files and if I
          can make my O7 work, I'll send you the changes.