RE: [dxatlas] Band Master 1.5

  • Edward H Russell
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 2, 2011
      Works fine here.

      -Ed

      From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Alex, VE3NEA
      Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 10:11 AM
      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [dxatlas] Band Master 1.5

      Hi Mike,

      "doesn't run " - can you provide any details?

      Alex

      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 2, 2011
        Sure.

        I run the install and it completes normally. It shows in the Start/All
        Programs menu. I double-click it to launch it and I get the "hourglass" for
        a moment. then nothing. No sign of BM1.5 (not in the system tray or
        displayed to the screen; it's as if I never clicked it at all).

        This is very similar to what was happening in 1.4. However, 1.4 would
        appear in the system tray before it disappeared.

        Mike

        "doesn't run " - can you provide any details?

        Alex

        > I've been looking forward to this. I did the install (Windows 7 64-bit).
        > it
        > installs, but doesn't run (behaves as it did with 1.4).
        >

        > If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.
        >

        > Mike, WA9PIE
        >

        > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Band Master 1.5 has been released. This version is designed to work on
        > Windows 7, both 32-bit and 64-bit. A few new functions added, see Version
        > History in the Help file for details. The update is free for all
        > registered
        > users.

      • Registered User
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 2, 2011
          On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:10:47 -0500, "Alex, VE3NEA" wrote:

          >"doesn't run " - can you provide any details?

          Here's the event log details from a W7 Enterprise (32-bit) system

          http://www.subdevo.com/images/w7_eventlog_bandmaster_error_entry.png

          73 de n4jvp
          Fritz
        • Michael G. Carper
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 2, 2011
            I didn't do a screen shot, but here's the log file dump of the two events I
            have there. Again, this looks very similar to the errors that I saw with
            1.4.

            Mike, WA9PIE

            Log Name: Application

            Source: Windows Error Reporting

            Date: 2/2/2011 5:48:00 PM

            Event ID: 1001

            Task Category: None

            Level: Information

            User: N/A

            Computer: mcarper-PC7

            Fault bucket 1689217237, type 5

            Event Name: BEX

            Response: Not available

            Cab Id: 0

            Problem signature:

            P1: BandMaster.exe

            P2: 1.5.0.261

            P3: 2a425e19

            P4: BandMaster.exe

            P5: 1.5.0.261

            P6: 2a425e19

            P7: 00001000

            P8: c0000005

            P9: 00000008

            P10:

            Attached files:

            C:\Users\mcarper\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC387.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

            These files may be available here:

            C:\Users\mcarper\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_
            BandMaster.exe_4bb336c3de861ee43a0807c27454c6f1aea7f_4a16cde3

            Analysis symbol:

            Rechecking for solution: 0

            Report Id: 7a23a4b2-2f1e-11e0-89ae-002564e9b50f

            Report Status: 0

            Event Xml:

            <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

            <System>

            <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />

            <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>

            <Level>4</Level>

            <Task>0</Task>

            <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

            <EventRecordID>11460</EventRecordID>

            <Channel>Application</Channel>

            <Computer>mcarper-PC7</Computer>

            <Security />

            </System>

            <EventData>

            <Data>1689217237</Data>

            <Data>5</Data>

            <Data>BEX</Data>

            <Data>Not available</Data>

            <Data>0</Data>

            <Data>BandMaster.exe</Data>

            <Data>1.5.0.261</Data>

            <Data>2a425e19</Data>

            <Data>BandMaster.exe</Data>

            <Data>1.5.0.261</Data>

            <Data>2a425e19</Data>

            <Data>00001000</Data>

            <Data>c0000005</Data>

            <Data>00000008</Data>

            <Data>

            </Data>

            <Data>

            C:\Users\mcarper\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC387.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml</Dat
            a>

            <Data>C:\Users\mcarper\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\App
            Crash_BandMaster.exe_4bb336c3de861ee43a0807c27454c6f1aea7f_4a16cde3</Data>

            <Data>

            </Data>

            <Data>0</Data>

            <Data>7a23a4b2-2f1e-11e0-89ae-002564e9b50f</Data>

            <Data>0</Data>

            </EventData>

            </Event>

            Log Name: Application

            Source: Application Error

            Date: 2/2/2011 5:47:57 PM

            Event ID: 1000

            Task Category: (100)

            Level: Error

            User: N/A

            Computer: mcarper-PC7

            Faulting application name: BandMaster.exe, version: 1.5.0.261, time stamp:
            0x2a425e19

            Faulting module name: BandMaster.exe, version: 1.5.0.261, time stamp:
            0x2a425e19

            Exception code: 0xc0000005

            Fault offset: 0x00001000

            Faulting process id: 0x2328

            Faulting application start time: 0x01cbc32b3c5996aa

            Faulting application path: C:\Program Files
            (x86)\Afreet\BandMaster\BandMaster.exe

            Faulting module path: C:\Program Files
            (x86)\Afreet\BandMaster\BandMaster.exe

            Report Id: 7a23a4b2-2f1e-11e0-89ae-002564e9b50f

            Event Xml:

            <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

            <System>

            <Provider Name="Application Error" />

            <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

            <Level>2</Level>

            <Task>100</Task>

            <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

            <EventRecordID>11459</EventRecordID>

            <Channel>Application</Channel>

            <Computer>mcarper-PC7</Computer>

            <Security />

            </System>

            <EventData>

            <Data>BandMaster.exe</Data>

            <Data>1.5.0.261</Data>

            <Data>2a425e19</Data>

            <Data>BandMaster.exe</Data>

            <Data>1.5.0.261</Data>

            <Data>2a425e19</Data>

            <Data>c0000005</Data>

            <Data>00001000</Data>

            <Data>2328</Data>

            <Data>01cbc32b3c5996aa</Data>

            <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Afreet\BandMaster\BandMaster.exe</Data>

            <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Afreet\BandMaster\BandMaster.exe</Data>

            <Data>7a23a4b2-2f1e-11e0-89ae-002564e9b50f</Data>

            </EventData>

            </Event>

            On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:10:47 -0500, "Alex, VE3NEA" wrote:

            >"doesn't run " - can you provide any details?

            Here's the event log details from a W7 Enterprise (32-bit) system

            http://www.subdevo.com/images/w7_eventlog_bandmaster_error_entry.png

            73 de n4jvp
            Fritz

          • ae9k_dan
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
              Installing on Windows 7, 64-bit, I get:

              Exception
              EOIRegistrationError in module BandMaster.exe at 00080D27
              Error creating system registry entry

              I am installing as an administrative user. I tried running setup.exe normally and with 'Run as administrator'. Both produce the same result.

              The install doesn't complete and Band Master 1.44, which I was installing over, is left in tact.
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
                I am using Win 7 Pro 64 bit and seem to have had no problem with
                installation. It was a clean install as I did not have the program
                installed previously. I have not yet attempted to alter any of the
                set-up but the defaults appear to be working fine.

                Bruce, K2BET
                ----

                On 2/5/2011 11:24 AM, ae9k_dan wrote:

                > Installing on Windows 7, 64-bit, I get:
                >
                > Exception
                > EOIRegistrationError in module BandMaster.exe at 00080D27
                > Error creating system registry entry
                >
                > I am installing as an administrative user. I tried running setup.exe
                > normally and with 'Run as administrator'. Both produce the same result.
                >
                > The install doesn't complete and Band Master 1.44, which I was
                > installing over, is left in tact.

              • Alex VE3NEA
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
                  Dear ae9k_dan,

                  It looks like Band Master 1.44 was running when you installed 1.5. The installer
                  was unable to replace the executable, and you still have v.1.44 on your system.
                  Close Band Master and run the installer again.

                  Alex

                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
                    Alex… any thoughts about what was happening with my install on Win7/64 (installs, but won’t run)?

                    Mike, WA9PIE

                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
                      Hi Mike,

                      All I can tell from your debug info is that the error occurs in NTDLL.DLL, a
                      Windows system dll. I know this is not very useful, sorry.

                      Alex

                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 5, 2011
                        Perfect!

                        Thanks.

                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 6, 2011
                          I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over the previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I then tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of the install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                          Create Process failed: code740
                          The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it I again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running it as administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I uninstalled my working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.

                          Bob G1BCZ

                          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Michael G. Carper" <mike@...> wrote:

                          > Perfect!
                          >

                          > Thanks.

                        • ae9k_dan
                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 6, 2011
                            Hi Alex,

                            No, Band Master 1.44 was not running. Even if it were, the issue wasn't that executables couldn't be replaced. It was that a system registry entry couldn't be created.

                            I monitored the installation with Process Monitor and didn't see any registry activity that was denied.

                            The install finished ok only after uninstalling Band Master 1.44 first.

                            Thanks

                            Dan
                            AE9K
                          • Bob G1BCZ
                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 6, 2011
                              Further to my last post
                              Delving into my archives, I have worked through the versions of Bandmaster and finaly got to ver 1.3 which runs on Win 7 with no problem, so long as it is installed as Administrator, and first run as Administrator. I don't know if this is any help Alex.
                              Bob G1BCZ

                              --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Bob G1BCZ" <bobsj.williams@...> wrote:

                              > I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over the previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I then tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of the install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                              > Create Process failed: code740
                              > The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it I again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running it as administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I uninstalled my working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.
                              >
                              > Bob G1BCZ
                              >
                              > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Michael G. Carper" <mike@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Perfect!
                              > >

                              > > Thanks.

                            • Michael G. Carper
                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 6, 2011
                                How can I get my hands on 1.3?

                                --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com> , "Bob G1BCZ" <bobsj.williams@...> wrote:

                                > I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over the previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I then tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of the install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                                > Create Process failed: code740
                                > The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it I again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running it as administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I uninstalled my working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.
                                >
                                > Bob G1BCZ
                                >
                                > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com> , "Michael G. Carper" <mike@> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Perfect!
                                > >

                                > > Thanks.

                              • Alex VE3NEA
                                Message 15 of 23 , Feb 6, 2011
                                  Dear Bob, Dan, and Mike.

                                  With your problem reports mixed in one conversation thread, I am totally
                                  confused about who is experiencing what. May I ask each of you to please send me
                                  a direct email with a complete description of the problem, I will then do my
                                  best to help you.

                                  While we are at it, let me remind to all customers that I provide support via
                                  email. This forum is only for user-to-user communication, not for support
                                  requests.

                                  If you are experiencing problems installing Band Master on Windows 7 or Vista,
                                  then, before you contact me, please do the following.

                                  1. Uninstall the previous version of BM, if any.
                                  2. Go to the BM directory and manually delete all remaining files.
                                  3. Download a fresh copy of the installer.
                                  4. Open the Readme file accompanying the installer and make sure that what you
                                  have is indeed version is 1.5, not an older version from your browser's download
                                  cache.
                                  5. If you have any real-time anti-virus software, you may have to temporarily
                                  disable it. I am not aware of any such software interfering with Band Master,
                                  but Comodo Internet Security that was installed on my system prevented CW
                                  Skimmer from starting, and a certain version of AVira anti-virus software did
                                  not allow Rocky and CW Skimmer to list the available soundcards. The anti-virus
                                  products like these inject dll's in other processes, intercept system calls and
                                  do many other things that may affect the behaviour of other programs.
                                  6. Log in under the same account under which you intend to use the program.
                                  7. Make sure that BM, OmniRig and any software that uses OmniRig are not
                                  running.
                                  8. Run the installer. If, after doing all this, you still get error messages,
                                  let me know, and please provide all available details.

                                  --- In mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com, "Bob G1BCZ" <bobsj.williams@...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over the
                                  > previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I then
                                  > tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of the
                                  > install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                                  > Create Process failed: code740
                                  > The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it I
                                  > again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running it as
                                  > administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I uninstalled my
                                  > working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.
                                  >
                                  > Bob G1BCZ
                                  >
                                  > --- In mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com, "Michael G. Carper" <mike@>
                                  > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Perfect!
                                  > >

                                  > > Thanks.

                                • Mark Robinson
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Feb 9, 2011
                                    I am running 1.3 here...let me know if you need the files

                                    Mark N1UK

                                    wrote:

                                    > I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over
                                    > the previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I
                                    > then tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of
                                    > the install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                                    > Create Process failed: code740
                                    > The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it
                                    > I again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running
                                    > it as administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I
                                    > uninstalled my working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.
                                    >
                                    > Bob G1BCZ
                                    >
                                    > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
                                    > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com> , "Michael G. Carper" <mike@>
                                    > wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Perfect!
                                    > >

                                    > > Thanks.
                                    > >

                                    > > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

                                  • Michael G. Carper
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Feb 9, 2011
                                      I was working with Alex tonight and he may have discovered something. Standby for an update from Alex over the next few days.

                                      Mike, WA9PIE

                                      wrote:

                                      > I have just tried installing Bandmaster 1.5 I tried first installing over
                                      > the previous version and it would not open at all with no error message. I
                                      > then tried a clean installation and ticked the box to run it at the end of
                                      > the install. I then got a message "Unable to execute file
                                      > Create Process failed: code740
                                      > The requested operation requires elevation". When I tried again to open it
                                      > I again got no response. I installed it as administrator and tried running
                                      > it as administrator. My system is Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. As I
                                      > uninstalled my working version I have now completely lost Bandmaster.
                                      >
                                      > Bob G1BCZ
                                      >
                                      > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
                                      > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com> , "Michael G. Carper" <mike@>
                                      > wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Perfect!
                                      > >

                                      > > Thanks.
                                      > >

                                      > > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>

                                    • ve2xk
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Feb 11, 2011
                                        Hi,

                                        I just update to version 1.5 and i find out that i'm no more able to see any 17M band spot.
                                        My filter is OFF

                                        Any idea what can happen ?

                                        Thanks & 73's

                                        VE2XK
                                      • ve2xk
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Feb 11, 2011
                                          I try to install the version 1.44 and have the same problem too.
                                          Nothing from 17m appear and i'm not able to select more cluster on the list and save them too.
                                          Curious !!

                                          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "ve2xk" <sandlake@...> wrote:

                                          > Hi,
                                          >
                                          > I just update to version 1.5 and i find out that i'm no more able to see any 17M band spot.
                                          > My filter is OFF
                                          >
                                          > Any idea what can happen ?
                                          >
                                          > Thanks & 73's
                                          >
                                          > VE2XK

                                        • Alex VE3NEA
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Feb 11, 2011
                                            Dear VE2XK,

                                            When I received your posting, I checked the spot list and could not see any 17M
                                            spots. Moreover, only one 15M spot appeared on the list. A few minutes later 3
                                            stations were spotted on 17M, but the 15M spot expired. At this level of solar
                                            activity, it is not uncommon to see no spots on a particular higher band from
                                            time to time. Please watch your spot list for a while and let me know if you
                                            still think there is a software-related problem.

                                            I am not sure what you mean by selecting "more cluster". If you want to select
                                            more than two Telnet servers at a time, then this cannot be done. I have
                                            received angry messages from the server administrators demanding that I do not
                                            allow connection to multiple clusters in my software, and I set a limit of 2
                                            concurrent connections.

                                            Please send your further correspondence to my direct email.