Re: [dxatlas] HAMCAP do not start

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2005
      Hi Alex,

      thank for replying.
      I checked the registry as you suggested but
      info are there and they are correct.
      I even retyped the path but no changes.

      Any other thing I can do to overcome this situation?
      Thanks for your cooperation.

      73
      Bob, I2WIJ

      ============ you wrote ==============
      Hi Bob,

      When Voacap installs itself, it stores the path to its home
      directory in the
      Registry under the following key:

      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstal
      l\ITS
      HF Propagation

      The value name is InstallLocation.

      Make sure that this value exists and that it points to the right
      directory
      (C:\itshfbc in your case).

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2005
        Bob,

        A lot of things can go wrong with the VOACAP installation, though none of
        those usually happens if the program is installed in a normal way:

        - you may not have a privilege to read the Registry,

        - the UninstallString value, in addition to InstallLocation, in the Registry
        may be missing or may contain a wrong path;

        - the file that specifies the program version,
        C:\itshfbc\database\Version.w32, may be missing or otherwise unavailable, or
        it may contain a wrong version number (on my system, it is "Version
        05.0119W");

        - the C:\itshfbc\antennas folder may be missing or marked as read-only, or
        you may not have sufficient privileges to write to it;

        - the same is true for C:\itshfbc\AREADATA and C:\itshfbc\RUN;

        - the executable may be corrupted, or you may not have a privilege to run
        it.

        73 Alex VE3NEA

        > Hi Alex,
        >
        > thank for replying.
        > I checked the registry as you suggested but
        > info are there and they are correct.
        > I even retyped the path but no changes.
        >
        > Any other thing I can do to overcome this situation?
        > Thanks for your cooperation.
        >
        > 73
        > Bob, I2WIJ
      • Bob
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 8, 2005
          Hi ALex,

          answers inside your e-mail text:

          from: "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@...>
          Date: Tue Jul 5, 2005 6:31 pm
          Subject: Re: [dxatlas] HAMCAP do not start

          Bob,

          A lot of things can go wrong with the VOACAP
          installation, though none of
          those usually happens if the program is installed in a
          normal way:

          - you may not have a privilege to read the Registry,

          ===>NO, I have that privilege (I have admin
          privileges)

          - the UninstallString value, in addition to
          InstallLocation, in the Registry
          may be missing or may contain a wrong path;

          ===>What does that string have to contain?
          ===>mine has something /remove

          - the file that specifies the program version,
          C:\itshfbc\database\Version.w32, may be missing or
          otherwise unavailable, or it may contain a wrong
          version number (on my system, it is "Version
          05.0119W");

          ===>Also mine has same content;

          - the C:\itshfbc\antennas folder may be missing or
          marked as read-only, or
          you may not have sufficient privileges to write to it;

          ===> it was marked as read-only; changed to read/write
          with no different results

          - the same is true for C:\itshfbc\AREADATA and
          C:\itshfbc\RUN;

          ===> did the same; changed to read/write
          with no different results

          - the executable may be corrupted, or you may not have
          a privilege to run
          it.

          ===> I have privilege to run; executable is not
          corrupt
          since VOACAP is working ok on its own.

          Please any other hints??

          73
          Bob, I2WIJ
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 8, 2005
            Bob,

            > - the UninstallString value, in addition to
            > InstallLocation, in the Registry
            > may be missing or may contain a wrong path;
            >
            > ===>What does that string have to contain?
            > ===>mine has something /remove

            This path to the Voacap folder in this value must be correct:

            C:\itshfbc\Setup.exe /remove

            73 Alex VE3NEA
          • Bob
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 11, 2005