Re: [dxatlas] HamCap VP8ORK

  • Dan Schaaf
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2011
      Thanks Alex

      Dan Schaaf

      ==================================
      K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
      Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
      NOBSKA www.nobska.net
      ==================================

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Alex, VE3NEA
      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 10:20 AM
      Subject: Re: [dxatlas] HamCap VP8ORK

      Dear Mark,

      The callsigns starting with VP8 do not contain enough information in them
      for unambiguous identification of station's DXCC entity, you must tell the
      software what entity VP8ORK is. To do so, open the CallDxcc.lst file in
      Notepad and add the following line at the bottom of the file:

      VP8ORK=238

      238 is the ADIF code of South Orkney islands.

      On Windows XP the CallDxcc.lst file is located in the
      "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Afreet\Reference\"
      folder, where <username> is your user name; on Windows 7 the file is in
      "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Afreet\Reference" folder.